Need your help! Tronsmart Apollo Bold APP is coming, what functions would you expect?

What functions would you expect for Tronsmart Apollo Bold APP?

• EQ adjustment

Votes: 40 87.0%
  • Volume control

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Play next /Previous track

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • ANC ON/OFF/Ambient Sound mode adjustment

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • OTA upgrade

Votes: 37 80.4%
  • FM

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Find your speaker(Location)

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Turn on/off

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Choose to connect the devices you have connected before

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Other functions(Please leave your idea below)

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
Sep 10, 2020 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 159

Tronsmart Official

Member of the Trade: Tronsmart
Dear all Tronsmart fans,

Our Apollo Bold APP has released finally! Both Apple Store and Google Play Store could support the download. If you have already used our Tronsmart APP on your mobile phone, please check the upgrade guide here.

Due to time constraints, we are not available to implement everyone's opinions. We will continue to optimize the APP based on your feedback. Thank you very much for your valuable suggestions during this time. Welcome to download the APP to use with Apollo Bold and enjoy your music life. :D

Btw, we will hold Mid-Autumn Festival and National Day holidays between 10/1-10/6.
If you have any questions, welcome to leave private messages to us and we will reply to you when we come back.

Best & Regards
Tronsmart--A brand born for your needs.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 159
Please make the EQ adjustment setting built-in into the Bold itself. So that we can select the EQ from Bold directly.
Hi, Jayce,
Thank you very much! Got your feedback! We will tell our PM and doing better in our new products!

Instead of selecting on them. Make the EQ save on them. That way once EQ'ed it stays so to any devices it connects to (including ones that don't support the app).

Sep 11, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #5 of 159
Dear all Tronsmart fans,

As we said earlier that Apollo Bold APP is coming, many users write to us and ask when it's coming!
Yes, it will come this month. But we would like to collect your suggestions about our APP! What functions would you expect?
Your advice will be very helpful for us! Tronsmart always makes products according to users' need!

Please leave your ideas below! We appreciate so much!

Best & Regards
Tronsmart-A brand born for your needs.

A lot of my friends fedback that the bass is too heavy on the Apollo Bold when ANC mode is on, I'm a basshead and I like the bass amounts, but I understand different strokes for different folks.

Hence, an EQ to lower the bass for our bass averse friends would be very important.

Maybe also add some aptX HD support if possible?

Thanks for continually upgrading the product with feedback, I know some companies that just release the product and don't bother updating it and go on to sell a new product thereafter.

Sep 11, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #7 of 159
A lot of my friends fedback that the bass is too heavy on the Apollo Bold when ANC mode is on, I'm a basshead and I like the bass amounts, but I understand different strokes for different folks.

Hence, an EQ to lower the bass for our bass averse friends would be very important.

Maybe also add some aptX HD support if possible?

Thanks for continually upgrading the product with feedback, I know some companies that just release the product and don't bother updating it and go on to sell a new product thereafter.
Hi, baskingshark,
Thank you very much for your feedback! We will work on it! Your valued suggestions help us improve our products!

Sep 11, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #9 of 159
I love the sound of my Apollo as it is, but as someone already said above I also understand those who would like less bass, so please include in the app a bunch of preset eq settings.
Please also include ANC/Ambient/Off control, and also an option to adjust the ANC and the ambient level could be interesting (if possible)

Sep 11, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #10 of 159
I love the sound of my Apollo as it is, but as someone already said above I also understand those who would like less bass, so please include in the app a bunch of preset eq settings.
Please also include ANC/Ambient/Off control, and also an option to adjust the ANC and the ambient level could be interesting (if possible)
Hi, phaeton,
Thank you very much for your advice! We will consider it!

Sep 11, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #11 of 159
Hi Tronsmart,
Thank you for asking what your customers want!

There are a few things I definitely want to see in the app. Not all of them have to make it into the first release. Please release it in September, as promised!

1) Equaliser.
- The Apollo Bold are too bassy, too boomy. A good equaliser is a must, and the earbuds must remember the setting so it can be used with any device, without the app connected.

2) ANC - need to be able to turn it on/off/ambient
- I want to change.the order, to put ambient last
- It really needs ANC levels, and most importantly, a wind noise reduction mode (my Sony WH-1000XM3 has ANC levels and a wind noise reduction mode that's really good)

3) Touch controls
- I definitely want to customise the touch controls on the earbuds. Everyone will have their own preferences.

4) Firmware updates
- The chip is capable of Apt-X HD, according.to Qualcomm's website, and I really want that.
- As noted above, we need a wind noise reduction mode. The Apollo bold are so big and stick out so far, that they catch any wind whilst I am walking outside, and it makes the ANC worse. If one runs or cycles, it is even worse - they become unusable. Yes, I have tried ANC off. Still no good.

------

Other feedback:
- Please work with Comply Foam (and others) make memory foam tips that fit the Apollo Bold and the ear canal. I have already written to Comply. Their Smartcore fit the buds but are too big in the ear, making the buds stick out more.

- When you make the second version of the Apollo Bold, don't use the design of the inner oval and the outer circle. No one wants their earbuds sticking out, nor catching wind. If you look from behind.at.an angle, you can see all the wasted space in the ear concha. I would like to see more of the concha filled by earbud, and not have them sticking out. This would look better, be more comfortable, catch less wind, and passively block more external noise. You might also look into 1x balanced armature + 1x smaller dynamic driver, to have both better sound and save space.

Thanks again for asking!

Dave
Sydney, Australia

My collection:
Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless (v1)
1More Quad Driver
Sony WH-1000XM3
Tronsmart Apollo Bold
Shure SE215

Sep 11, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #13 of 159
I'd like the ability to disable the voice prompts between ANC/OFF/Ambient and Increase the Sensitivity of the touch sensors like in the FIIL app., they are still hit an miss for me. As previously mentioned Ambient sound adjustment would be a big plus in the app and it may be time for a firmware update as mine are hissing in ANC mode.

Sep 11, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #14 of 159
Hi Tronsmart,
Thank you for asking what your customers want!

There are a few things I definitely want to see in the app. Not all of them have to make it into the first release. Please release it in September, as promised!

1) Equaliser.
- The Apollo Bold are too bassy, too boomy. A good equaliser is a must, and the earbuds must remember the setting so it can be used with any device, without the app connected.

2) ANC - need to be able to turn it on/off/ambient
- I want to change.the order, to put ambient last
- It really needs ANC levels, and most importantly, a wind noise reduction mode (my Sony WH-1000XM3 has ANC levels and a wind noise reduction mode that's really good)

3) Touch controls
- I definitely want to customise the touch controls on the earbuds. Everyone will have their own preferences.

4) Firmware updates
- The chip is capable of Apt-X HD, according.to Qualcomm's website, and I really want that.
- As noted above, we need a wind noise reduction mode. The Apollo bold are so big and stick out so far, that they catch any wind whilst I am walking outside, and it makes the ANC worse. If one runs or cycles, it is even worse - they become unusable. Yes, I have tried ANC off. Still no good.

------

Other feedback:
- Please work with Comply Foam (and others) make memory foam tips that fit the Apollo Bold and the ear canal. I have already written to Comply. Their Smartcore fit the buds but are too big in the ear, making the buds stick out more.

- When you make the second version of the Apollo Bold, don't use the design of the inner oval and the outer circle. No one wants their earbuds sticking out, nor catching wind. If you look from behind.at.an angle, you can see all the wasted space in the ear concha. I would like to see more of the concha filled by earbud, and not have them sticking out. This would look better, be more comfortable, catch less wind, and passively block more external noise. You might also look into 1x balanced armature + 1x smaller dynamic driver, to have both better sound and save space.

Thanks again for asking!

Dave
Sydney, Australia

My collection:
Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless (v1)
1More Quad Driver
Sony WH-1000XM3
Tronsmart Apollo Bold
Shure SE215

I would try the generic foam airpods tips. They can be removed from their adapter and have a shorter TWS style shape.

1252019877-1855143034.jpg
IMG_20200518_162643.jpg
IMG_20200518_162351.jpg
IMG_20200519_152020.jpg

Sep 11, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #15 of 159
I would try the generic foam airpods tips. They can be removed from their adapter and have a shorter TWS style shape.

Thanks, I'll look into that. I have only tried what I have already, from all the previous buds I've owned.

@Tronsmart Official - I forgot to mention that if I try different foam tips on the Apollo Bold, they don't fit in the case properly, and won't charge unless I put something else in to press them down. This is a common mistake; aftermarket tips are not accounted for in the shape of the charging socket.

Fitwise, the main problem is the oval middle part of the Apollo Bold. It stops me getting a deep fit with any silicone or foam tips, even if they have a smaller outer diameter. The oval part is too big and oddly shaped. Feels like the Apollo bold will fall out, but generally they don't.. anyway I find them uncomfortable to wear for lengthy periods and I had really hoped for more, because my Sennheiser momentum true wireless are also too big for the lower ear concha. The latest Jabra is small and fits well but I really didn't like the sound profile, and they don't do noise cancelling. So still searching for something that fits well without sticking out, is comfortable, has great sound, and does noise cancelling well (esp no wind noise).

Samsung almost got it right with the galaxy beans, but they didn't get a snug inner ear fit. The best fit I've seen are Shure SE215, if only they made a TWS version, using the extra ear concha space for the extra parts. For some reason brands try to fill the inner concha and leave the outer part empty, which just makes for chunky, uncomfortable buds. Good design around the natural shape of the inner ear and external concha.... Like when you put silicone putty in them.

A good fit test for true wireless earbuds is, "Will they fit under a full helmet?" If they stick out they won't fit or they'll be really uncomfortable. the only earbuds I've ever owned that fit properly under a helmet are the shure se215. It's not my regular use case, but it's a good test for the external fit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back