Need to replace MDR-XB700's, need advice
Apr 13, 2013 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DreadKill

New Head-Fier
Hi, im new here. A few months back i looked around this forum to find of new headphones to get. I decided on the Sony MDR-XB700's. They were even on clearance at my local computer store for 89$ (canada). I picked up a Fiio E10 amp/Dac to go with it. I absolutely loved these headphones. I use a HD439 for most music and just general gaming on my computer. But when I go to listen to electronic remix dance brassy songs, I went to my xb700's.

Well! turns out i accidentally tossed them into the garbage along with my taco bell one night, and they are long gone by now. Looking online I found that the price of these things basically doubled, i cant find any less then 160$. I come here asking if I should just bight the bullet and pay this for another pair, or if there is a better pair of headphones I can get for the same/lower price? What i really loved about the XB700's was the POWER that i felt from them. I loved to blast the volume, and feel my head just vibrate. I need somthing that can match that power, or better yet beat it.

TL:DR = Have a Fiio amp. Used to have XB700's. they gone now. price doubled, wondering if something better to get for that price.

Oh, and I only use them while on my PC. I dont have a equalizer and dont really plan on getting a physical one. If there is a computer software that can equalize the digital audio, would love to know.

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #2 of 2
Well if you want something that rumbles your head like that, I'd with the XB500's. You should be able to find them for what you bought the 700's for a while back. I wouldn't listen to anyone that comes in here boasting that the Panasonic HATF600's have the same type of bass but better. It's not true. What you want is rumble and head-shaking bass and the 500's should definitely deliver there like the 700's did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back