need to learn "grinding"
Nov 26, 2004 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

CompDude

Head-Fier
OK.......so there's this dance comein up on the 14th.....and therre's this gurl i really wan dance with......now most people (and her) like to do grinding......now she said she'd teach me at the dance.....but i'd like some basics of grinding from people on this forum......cuz i want to show her.....that im all that more.....and impress her......so let's get goin

Nov 26, 2004 at 10:34 PM Post #4 of 91
how am i kidding??? no....she'll prolly ask me to try it with her so i dont look like im checkin her out....although tha'd be nice....yeah i kno it's funny....but hey...u gota do what u gota do

Nov 26, 2004 at 10:51 PM Post #6 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
it's pretty much like ...... If you can imagien that.
That's what "grinding" is.

WOW....I should start to go out a little bit more....
redface.gif

Amicalement

Nov 26, 2004 at 10:53 PM Post #8 of 91
Here is a good link on the bump and grind line dance:

http://www.cwdancing.com/linedance/bump_grind.html

The first thought that came to my mind was this:

My minds telling me no but my body my body's telling me yeah baby i dont want
to hurt nobody but there is something that i must confess to you

(Chorus)
I dont see nothing wrong (Wrong) With a little bump and grind with a little
bump and grind I dont see nothing wrong (wrong ba ba baby Hey)I dont see
nothing wrong (wrong) I dont see nothing wrong with a little bump and grind
with a little bump and grind i dont see nothing wrong (wrong)

(lookie here) See i know just what you want and i know just what you need girl
so baby bring your body to me(bring your body here) im not fooling around with
you baby my love is true with you with you is where i want to be i want to be
girl you need someone someone like me to satisfy your every need.

(Chorus)
I dont see nothing wrong (Wrong)i dont see nothing wrong With a little bump and
grind with a little bump and grind I dont see nothing wrong (wrong baby baby)I
dont see i dont see nothing wrong (wrong) I dont see with a little bump and
grind nothing wrong with a little i dont see nothing wrong bump and grind baby
hey

You say he's not treating you right lady spend the night (i'll) i'll love you
like you need to be loved girl want you try some of me no need to look no more
because i opened up my doors you'll never you'll never want (baby) another
love you'll never find another me You see i need someone someone like me to
make love to you baby constantly.

(Chorus)
I dont see nothing wrong (Wrong) With a little bump and grind with a little
bump and grind I dont see nothing wrong (wrong)I dont see nothing wrong (wrong)
Nothing wrong with a little bump and grind
with a little bump and grind i dont see nothing wrong (wrong) baby baby alright
i dont see nothing wrong (wrong) i dont see nothing wrong
with a little bump and grind i dont see nothing wrong i dont see
i dont see nothing wrong i dont see nothing wrong(wrong) with a little bump and
grind i dont see noting wrong (wrong) nothing wrong nothing wrong nothing wrong
i dont see nothing wrong baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby with a little
bump and grind

- R. Kelly

Nov 26, 2004 at 11:06 PM Post #12 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by CompDude
hey Michael...what song is that???

"bump & grind" by the statutory gospel thug, mr. r. kelly! (I prefer "my pony" by ginuwine)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neueziel
Wow Mr. Franks I'm guessing you must be an expert at this, providing a link to it and stuff. Did you write that lol? I never thought grinding could be that technical, I thought it was suppose to be a natural movement.

thank google for that link, probably not the grind mr dude was looking for, but worth a hearty chuckle or two. I think mjg hit the nail on the head, but don't step to the girl with your nasty hump-on unless you are positive that is what she is expecting!

Nov 26, 2004 at 11:07 PM Post #13 of 91
It's all about the hip movement. If you can't get the hip movement correct, then you can never be a good grinder! Note the males and females should move their hips differently. The female should move her hips in a circular manner. The axis of this circle should be front-back: that is, with the circle facing the male. Meanwhile the male should move his hips in a crosswise circular manner with the axis being up-down. Usually this movement it terminated to a point at the front vertex of the motion, causing the pattern to be more heart-shaped than circular, with the pointy end pointing towards the female. The hands should be moved in rhythm to this motion, with the climax of each sequence being timed at the point. It is very important for the male and female motions to be orthogonal to one another, since this movement is symbolical of copulation, both the circular movement of the female and the heart-shaped movement of the male. To this effect, the distance between the male and female is largely varying depending on style, but the most common style used is where the circular motion of the male's movement is tangential to the plane defined by the female's circular movement. For a more intimate style, the partners should move closer so that the two motions intersect. This style should only be used when partnering with a significant other, or when flirting with a willing partner with the intention of taking it upstairs; in all other cases, it is considered bad form. For a unique effect, one or both of the motion planes should be angled such that the line of intersection is not necessarily parallel to the ground. Another important point to note here is that at NO time should the male's pattern of motion be totally separate, that is, without any intersection points, from the female's motion. It is the male's role to make sure that this does not happen, since such as a style of grinding is known to symbolize impotence on the male's part.

Nov 26, 2004 at 11:12 PM Post #14 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie
It's all about the hip movement. If you can't get the hip movement correct, then you can never be a good grinder! Note the males and females should move their hips differently. The female should move her hips in a circular manner. The axis of this circle should be front-back: that is, with the circle facing the male. Meanwhile the male should move his hips in a crosswise circular manner with the axis being up-down. Usually this movement it terminated to a point at the front vertex of the motion, causing the pattern to be more heart-shaped than circular, with the pointy end pointing towards the female. The hands should be moved in rhythm to this motion, with the climax of each sequence being timed at the point. It is very important for the male and female motions to be orthogonal to one another, since this movement is symbolical of copulation, both the circular movement of the female and the heart-shaped movement of the male. To this effect, the distance between the male and female is largely varying depending on style, but the most common style used is where the circular motion of the male's movement is tangential to the plane defined by the female's circular movement. For a more intimate style, the partners should move closer so that the two motions intersect. This style should only be used when partnering with a significant other, or when flirting with a willing partner with the intention of taking it upstairs; in all other cases, it is considered bad form. For a unique effect, one or both of the motion planes should be angled such that the line of intersection is not necessarily parallel to the ground. Another important point to note here is that at NO time should the male's pattern of motion be totally separate, that is, without any intersection points, from the female's motion. It is the male's role to make sure that this does not happen, since such as a style of grinding is known to symbolize impotence on the male's part.

That is really really technical, I don't wanna do this no more if I ever decide to goto a party again.

Nov 26, 2004 at 11:20 PM Post #15 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
WOW....I should start to go out a little bit more....
redface.gif

Amicalement

Me too!! When did this start?!
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back