Need to add PCM2704 to EAGLE library...
Mar 19, 2006 at 3:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

creyc

500+ Head-Fier
I'm working on a project involving the TI PCM2704 USB controller which isn't in the Eagle library. Where can I find this?

Mar 19, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #3 of 9
Actually I incorrectly said that. I need the TQFP 32-pin, four sided, PCM2706/7 chip. I checked in a few libraries but couldn't find a single TQFP package.

I suppose I could build this....
rolleyes.gif
but if I don't have to

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #4 of 9
It is in the library..

atmel
-TQFP32-8

An easy way to search is <*32*> (excluding <>) in the search box for this. A lot of the components have number of pins or dimensions in their listing.
The ** help for non perfect matches that allow the 32 to be anywhere in the listing.

Mar 19, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #5 of 9
Cool, thanks a lot Paragon!

I noticed in the schematic editor all the pins obviously have their own Atmel labels. This is fine but is there any way I can edit these names and resave as a PCM2707 for future use as well as ease of pin connection in the schematic editor?

I know how to change all the physical aspect of the chip just can't figure out where the individual pin labels are edited from.

Mar 19, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #6 of 9
Hmm.. not sure.. looks like the MEGA8 device has the correct TQFP32-8 variant yet still incorrect pinout.

hmm..
blink.gif

Ahh.. made a nice discovery.. hold on..
If you open the device MEGA8, there will be variant list lower right.. double click on the TQFP32-8 and a list of pins and connection will com up. You can disconnect those and reconnect as needed. Altho they don't all match what is listed in the datasheet for the part you need.
<>
Hmm.. Sorry. I havn't messed with schematics at all in Eagle and have only used if for a few weeks with board design only. Have been able to make new pachages in my own custom library, that is it for custom parts.
Hopefully someone will be able to help you further. Will let you know if I come across a major discovery... like an already built model for that part

Mar 19, 2006 at 9:28 AM Post #8 of 9
blink.gif

Thanks a bunch man!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back