Need suggestions with portable gears for Ipod classic?
Jul 1, 2008 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

michaelv20850

Head-Fier
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and new to portable gears for Ipod.

I have Ipod classic 160GB and i would like to get better sound from Ipod by connecting it to portable amp? Since this is new to me , i look for any suggestion, opinions on the followings:

1. Which gears should i buy for Ipod classic? Amp?Line out cable?

2. In order to use portable headphone amp, do i need to mod the Ipod?

3. which In-ear headphone do you recommend? (my budget for phone is $150 below)

Since I don't know much about headphone amp, i'm opened for any suggestions.

thanks.

Jul 1, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #2 of 4
you need a portable amp, line-out dock. and headphones obviously.
you dont need to mod the ipod (i dont think there are any mods available for ipod classic even if you want it) to use it with LOD and amp.
the LOD plugs into the bottom of your ipod and the input jack of the amp. then you plug your phones into the output jack of the amp.
73458949tk9.jpg

there are hundreds of choices for phones, amps, and LODs. just do some (well.. a lot) readings in the appropriate section on this website. you'll have lots of fun while learning and gathering huge amount of information.

Jul 1, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you need a portable amp, line-out dock. and headphones obviously.
you dont need to mod the ipod (i dont think there are any mods available for ipod classic even if you want it) to use it with LOD and amp.
the LOD plugs into the bottom of your ipod and the input jack of the amp. then you plug your phones into the output jack of the amp.
73458949tk9.jpg

there are hundreds of choices for phones, amps, and LODs. just do some (well.. a lot) readings in the appropriate section on this website. you'll have lots of fun while learning and gathering huge amount of information.

thanks.
After posting, i read some, and i have idea of what i need. However, i can't find any thread about whether i have to mod Ipod Classic ? I see there line out from the bottom of Ipod..but not sure what it should be.

Jul 1, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #4 of 4
the only ipods that can be modded for better sound (or should i say "benefit from modding") are 4th, 5th and 5.5th generations.
regarding the line-out, just do a search on LOD in the "portable source gear" or "cables, power, tweaks, speakers, accessories" section. you can search for amps in the "portable headphone amps" section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back