Need suggestions on buying PCDP
Oct 17, 2002 at 2:32 AM Post #16 of 18
System,
You will like D-EJ925 minimalist body! The magnesuim chassis will impress you. Don't forget to let us know how do u like it.

Purk

Oct 17, 2002 at 3:01 AM Post #17 of 18
Just be careful with the new thin metal sonys. I had a 915 and the lid got dented which pressed the cd down into the corner of the not-flush gumstick door which proceded to scratch the hell out of the cd that was in it (during my favorite song on the album, right after my favorite line), so I had to kill him. Not saying this will happen to you but just be careful, and if the 925 has the battery door in the same idiot spot as the 915 (right under where the cd goes, on the inside) check to make sure it closes flush with the bottom, and if it doesnt put some tape over it so that when the cover gets pushed and in turn pushes down on the cd (the covers are made of thin metal and bend quite easily. my 915 wasnt as bendy as my roomates dej01 but it still had much more play than my d368) the corners dont scratch it.

Oct 17, 2002 at 4:45 AM Post #18 of 18
Freethetree,
Thanks for your input. However, D-915's aluminum chasis is not as stiff and strong as the D-925's magnesium die-cast body. So you should be in a safe hand with the 925.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back