Need suggestions for Stylish headphones for Wife?
Aug 22, 2012 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

k923

New Head-Fier
Can you fine people in this forum give me some more suggestions of stylish in ear headphones for my wife.  Needs to be on the smaller side, pretty durable, and have iphone controls.  I don't want to get her any of the normal rapper ones, (beats, 50's, souls, etc.).  So far all have come up with are vmoda vibratos, atomic floyd superdarts, all the turbine line.  I like the design of the miles davis trumpets but I think those are a little to spefic for her.  Any others that you guys can think of would be greatly appreciated.  I'm not worried about price just yet, just want to know what other options are out there.  I have shown her the shures, westones, UE, Seinheisers, beyers, grados, akg, atrios, and alot of others.  Hopefully you guys can think of some more that are not as well known brands that I haven't looked at yet.  Thanks.

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 12
I'm not so in to IEMs, but you could look at the fanny wang buds. I have the on ear wangs and they're enjoyable to listen to. Probably not audiophile quality but great fun and they are also a 'style conscious' brand. Not tried the buds but you were after other brands than you listed, so there you go :)

Aug 23, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #4 of 12
Thanks for the suggestions.  Yes, I am looking for IEM headphones.  I checked out the P5 and C5 and she doesn't really like the in ear hook portion.  Similarly the fanny wang have the same issue, as well as the bose in ears.  Keep those suggestions coming please. thanks.

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions.  Yes, I am looking for IEM headphones.

Sorry I missed that on your original post.  Usually when I read "headphone" I think on/over ear and "earphone" I think IEM.  So I saw you headphone and completely missed the "in ear" just before it.  My bad.

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #6 of 12
.... any music preferences? or style preferences? sony XBA I and XBA II look kind of nice,or maybe a Shure SE215? not enough information to single out a recomendation though

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #7 of 12
EDIT: didn't read properly...

I think the Miles Davis Trumpet is a good fit as well; why do you think they're too "specific"?

Anyways, some other suggestions (SQ not guaranteed):
  1. Harman/Kardon AE1 (style ripped straight off their AKG K3003)
  2. Audiofly lineup
  3. Klipsch X10i/X7i
  4. JAYS lineup
  5. Phiaton
  6. Martin Logan Mikros70

Aug 23, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #10 of 12
The Sennheiser IE80 are very easy to wear and they sound great for almost all genres music. The other IEMs like Sony XBA3, JVC FXD80, CK10 and Harmen Kardon AE are great buy.

Aug 23, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #12 of 12
Thanks for the replys.  I'll look into all of them.  As far as music goes its mainly rock, alternative, a little hip hop, and audiobooks.

@Streetdragon
I never felt that sony's are very durable and she is not fond of around ear versions so Shures are out.

@tomscy2000
I thought the trumpets are really cool but the style seems specific to jazz or miles davis fans.  I was just trying to get across that I was looking for IEM's with alot of styling but didn't want styling that was pictures or attempted to be a replica of something else like the trumpets are.  I'll check out all of your suggestions.

@Danon14
Yeah the Atomic Floyds are really nice, right now I am looking into those, turbines, and vmoda vibratos.

Please keep the suggestions coming, I'll check them all out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back