Need suggestions for a stereo system (two speakers w/ sub and a receiver meant for music) something like the Sony Muteki?
Jun 3, 2013 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Sean R

New Head-Fier
So I am looking to buy a classic stereo system something like this 
I have been looking around and it seems that Sony is the only one making these hi-fi stereo systems. I want something big and bassy that won't distort. If Sony really is the only one making stereo systems like this then I will just get this, but I would love to know if there are any alternatives.

Thanks!

P.S. I know the "made for music" part in the title sounds kinda stupid, heh. What I meant by that is that I am looking for a system that is purpose-built for listening to music, not home theater. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #3 of 7
Actually good speakers are good speakers regardless of use - it's just that for different uses, one has different components
L3000.gif
Also do elaborate by what u meant by "purpose-built for listening to music"? Do u mean vinyl, digital flac files, CDs, FM Radio, Internet radio,  etc?

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #4 of 7
Actually good speakers are good speakers regardless of use - it's just that for different uses, one has different components :L3000: Also do elaborate by what u meant by "purpose-built for listening to music"? Do u mean vinyl, digital flac files, CDs, FM Radio, Internet radio,  etc?

I just meant something like what is pictured above. An all in one unit for music so I don't have to buy separate speakers and then a receiver. Mainly for plugging the iPhone in. Would like for it to have powerful bass. I have found thus far that only Sony and Sharp and maybe another one or two brands makes these types of traditional stereo systems so I am wondering if there is a better alternative to the Muteki.

Jun 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #6 of 7
All you need is a set of powered speakers and sub meant for computer use that have a 3.5mm input like the Klipsch Promedia that coryeeeee mentioned. Then you can plug your iPhone directly in.

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #7 of 7
When you say beastly are you referring to the looks, as in ghastly?

If you want an all in one with crazy looks and peculiar bass holes that don't actually do anything (mostly pieces of plastic that are glued onto the outside of cheap speakers.) Then I'm sure the fence down your local boozer will be happy to sell you one for 50 notes.

But if you want an all in one that sounds reasonable (please don't read that as good.), then get one of the larger Aiwa, Kenwood or Technics from the mid-late nineties off of the popular auction site for roughly the contents of a beggars hat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back