Need suggestion for portable headphone amp that can drive HD800
Jun 18, 2014 at 3:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mitzy

WARNING: CLASSIFIED FEEDBACK IS FROM SECOND ACCOUNT.
Aka: jdg0717
Hi,

I have an HD800 which I recently acquired and am really very happy with it for my home setup.  My problem is I shall be doing a lot of traveling in the next 6 months and wish to be able to bring my HD800.  I know that some will suggest IEMS but I do not have any complaints of bringing full sized cans.  I need suggestions for a portable amp that can drive my HD800 and so far my only option is the Centrance Hifi M8.  I like what it can give me in terms of power and SQ when paired with my AK 100 mk ii but the proportion of the amp and the DAP kinda annoys me.  If there are no other options I am more than glad to live with it.  If there are any other options I would love to get some suggestions,  Thanks a lot

Jun 18, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 6
You sure you want to use HD 800's in a portable rig? Apart from them being open and thus leaking / letting in public noise, they're so expensive that carrying them around and using them as portables, you risk damage or having them stolen. 

Jun 18, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 6
I will be using it while in a van or on the plane with colleagues so I don't really have to worry much about it being stolen.  I am quite careful with my things so damaging it really does not concern me much

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #4 of 6
I've had quite good results with the Fiio E12 and the HD800 - you can recharge/power it from your cig lighter socket in the van if need be, but you'd need a 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter.

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 6
Looking at the specs of the E12 it does seem to be suitable for the HD800…  I have also looked at the international and seems to be a nice option as well.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back