Need speaker cable for 1212
Mar 11, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #2 of 8
that aint speaker cables. and you cant drive speakers directly from a sound card, you need to connect it to a speaker amp first. unelss ofcourse oyu mean to connect your pc speakers, then yes, althought the pc speakers have its own internal amp.

as for that exact cable. its a two 2 x mono 1/4th to1/8 input. that one is for the emu0404 since its unbalanced (one channel for the 1/4th connector/mono, instead of stereo), although it could work with emu1212m.

as for where to get it, beats me. i think you can find one at places that sell cables (lol), but i dont know if you can find any very high quality mass produced one. someone else should know. but for expensive you can ask headphile or fid audio to build you one, they make cables for this sound card.

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
that aint speaker cables. and you cant drive speakers directly from a sound card, you need to connect it to a speaker amp first. unelss ofcourse oyu mean to connect your pc speakers, then yes, althought the pc speakers have its own internal amp.

as for that exact cable. its a two 2 x mono 1/4th to1/8 input. that one is for the emu0404 since its unbalanced (one channel for the 1/4th connector/mono, instead of stereo), although it could work with emu1212m.

as for where to get it, beats me. i think you can find one at places that sell cables (lol), but i dont know if you can find any very high quality mass produced one. someone else should know. but for expensive you can ask headphile or fid audio to build you one, they make cables for this sound card.

I'm connecting up to Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s so I believe that is the type of interconnect cable I need.

That's stereo 1/8 female to two 1/4 male, left and right channels.

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by chelrob
I'm connecting up to Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s so I believe that is the type of interconnect cable I need.

That's stereo 1/8 female to two 1/4 male, left and right channels.

57 views and not a single audiophile among you can tell me where I can find a cable like the one in the link above
eek.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #5 of 8
if live near a samash or a guitar center then try there. I like buying my cables from sam ash because they stock hosa cables. Hosa cables are possibly the greatest value in cables I've found. Of course this is just my opinion but when I can find a nice thick standard RCA cables for half the price they make you spend on spaghetti RCA cables at other places...I see major value right there.

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #6 of 8
Closest I can think of is a TS - RCA adapter (Hosa or a few other brands, found at Guitar center), then another adapter for the RCA to mini stereo.

My speakers (Swans M200) are self powered, and have RCA connectors.

I bet you could get one made at Headphile, or one of the other custom cable makers.

Of course if you had gotten the XFi, you would not need them right? (jk)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back