Need Sony LOD User opinion beofre I let my Sony X Walkman go
Jun 24, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #16 of 24

Quote:

It did make a tremendous difference between the HO and LOD.  But here's where my issue comes in. 

Hi,

Perhaps you could evaluate more on 'tremendous difference'? your findings are very valuable to me.

By the way, I'm using mini-mini (HO), same problem occured everytime kickdrums triggered. What I did is as what told Blasto...  'neutralize' all sound enhancer...then it worked nicely... but i have no idea with LOD though.

Jun 24, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #17 of 24
I use my LOD w/all the sound enhancements off, w/just the Dynamic Normalizer on. The SQ is great, and does wonders for the crappy cassette tape adapter that I use in my car. the clarity is quite nice, and I can really hear the difference between FM and the Sony X-1061. It sounds like I'm in a club,.......sweet.

Jun 24, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #21 of 24
What I was talking about there was the difference between the HO and LOD when using the Fiio E7 amp.  Didn't have the same issues with the E5 or any other amp. 

The E7 just had no power to it when using the HO of the Walkman.  I had the volume setting at 60 on the amp and around 15 on my Walkman.  When I hooked up the LOD, I had the volume down to 15 to 17 on the E7, just depending on which headphone I was using. 

I think there is a small clarity and detail difference between the HO and LOD.  The signal is a little cleaner.  It's not night and day though.  I don't A/B them and say WOW!   What a huge difference! 

I am sending my E7 back for a return.  But I will keep the LOD.  I do think it's worth the 20 dollars. 

Quote:

Hi,

Perhaps you could evaluate more on 'tremendous difference'? your findings are very valuable to me.

By the way, I'm using mini-mini (HO), same problem occured everytime kickdrums triggered. What I did is as what told Blasto...  'neutralize' all sound enhancer...then it worked nicely... but i have no idea with LOD though.

Jun 24, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #22 of 24
Meh, I like the LOD, but it doesn't work w/all my AUX line in devices. I tested it w/my iSound clock radio/iPod dock & my Philips clock radio/iPod dock in the bedroom - the AUX'd in Sony's I own had no volume on it, and seemed to sound weak and hollow. I dock my Mini on it and BOOM!!!! Sweet sq and great volume,....go figure.

Jun 25, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #23 of 24

Quote:
What I was talking about there was the difference between the HO and LOD when using the Fiio E7 amp.  Didn't have the same issues with the E5 or any other amp. 

The E7 just had no power to it when using the HO of the Walkman.  I had the volume setting at 60 on the amp and around 15 on my Walkman.  When I hooked up the LOD, I had the volume down to 15 to 17 on the E7, just depending on which headphone I was using. 

I think there is a small clarity and detail difference between the HO and LOD.  The signal is a little cleaner.  It's not night and day though.  I don't A/B them and say WOW!   What a huge difference! 

I am sending my E7 back for a return.  But I will keep the LOD.  I do think it's worth the 20 dollars. 

oh I see...

Anyway.. "The signal is a little cleaner" is already a winning information to me... i won't expect night and day difference... as you had mentionned, even with multimillion dollar  LOD (if any).

Thanks Nonsupremous.

Jul 4, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #24 of 24

already received L5 LOD purchased from headphonesS4...  very fast shipping time...  the item was sent out within 1 hour payment being made... item received within 1 week.

..and yes...to my ears it made difference.. especially in bass region. I can easily hear the bass firmer, tighter and stronger. For the rest of spectrum, I had to struggle my hearing a bit,  to hear the difference...subtle but nociteable. The sound was clearer... I'm glad to have this L5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back