1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Need something with speed and no sound leakage budget $70

1. MohawkUS
    Hey, I currently use Grado SR-80is on my home rig, just a Xonar Essence STX, and for obvious reasons they are not good for portable use, I have looked in the 115 IEM review thread, but I'm still too much of a noobie around here to know words like "lush" and "bright", I understand the definitions, but the Grados are the only headphones I have heard besides skullcandy *shiver*.
    I do know that I need something fast though, I listen to lots of metal, mostly black metal, power metal, and doom/post metal and some dubstep. I hate nothing more than notes blurring together when they are not supposed to like a car subwoofer or skullcandies, 

I am fine with either headphones or earbuds, but I need something that leaks very little to no sound at reasonable volumes. I am planning on buying a Cowan J3 as my first portable soon, its not too late to stop me if that is a mistake.
    Please remember, I'm still a noob, don't go too complicated on me [​IMG].

Forgot to mention, I would like suggestions from all price ranges, around $50 is perferrable, but I think I can manage $70