Need Someone Who Can Read French To Translate This
Nov 22, 2010 at 4:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

dj_mocok

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys my niece is looking at this Hermes shawl from eBay and she doesn't understand French, me neither.
Can someone who understands French translate this please:

VOICI UNE PIECE RARISSIME SUR EBAY FRANCE UNE SUPERBE ECHARPE COMPOSE DE DEUX GRANDS CARRE EN SOIE SIGNE HERMES PIECE AUTHENTIQUE - THEME LES PIVOINES TONS DE ROSE PALE ET DE BLEU CIEL - CETTE ECHARPE EST NEUVE JAMAIS MISE - VOUS POUVEZ LA PORTER LORS D'UNE SOIRÉE SUR LES EPAULES - OU AUTOUR DU COU OU EN BANDEAU SUR LA TETE AVEC LES DEUX PANS QUI RETOMBENT - UNE PIECE A VOUS OFFRIR POUR LES FETES DE NOEL - CE SONT EN FAIT DEUX GRANDS CARRES HERMES RASSEMBLES HERMES FAIT TRES PEU D'ECHARPES MAIS CE SONT TOUJOURS DES PIECES COLLECTOR MERVEILLEUSES - MESURES SUR DEMANDE , ELLE SERA LIVREE DANS UNE BOITE CADEAU HERMES ET RUBANS

Sorry for the caps, it's not me. lol
CHeers.

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 14
Just did a quick google and came up with this translation:

"HERE IS A RARE PIECE ON EBAY FRANCE A BEAUTIFUL SCARF MADE UP OF TWO LARGE HERMES CARRE SILK SIGNED AUTHENTIC PIECE - THEME PEONIES TONS OF PINK AND BLUE - THIS SCARF IS NEW NEVER UP - YOU CAN BRING IN AN EVENING ON THE SHOULDERS - OR AROUND THE NECK OR ON THE HEAD BAND WITH TWO PANS that fall - ONE PIECE OFFER FOR CHRISTMAS - THIS IS DONE IN TWO SQUARE LARGE HERMES HERMES RASSEMBLES DONE VERY LITTLE BUT SCARVES PARTS ARE STILL WONDERFUL COLLECTOR - ACTION ON REQUEST, IT WILL BE DELIVERED IN A GIFT BOX HERMES AND RIBBONS"

Not going to be 100%, but at least it's something.

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #5 of 14
My French pronunciation is horrible and I haven't read anything in its original French in ages, but I'll try to contribute till a French head-fier sees this thread and helps out, but I don't think there is any damage due to the line:

"cette echarpe est neuve jamais mise" which means "this scarf is new, never been put on"

By that I can only assume this is not damaged.

Nov 23, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #7 of 14
Looks like there are no French people in this board...
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 23, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #8 of 14
Here, I had it translated into Esperanto:

ĈI TIE ESTAS RARA PECO SUR EBAY FRANCIO BELA KOLTUKO (KIU) KONSIST EL DU GRANDA HERMES CARRE SILKA SUBSKRIB AŬTENTIKA PECO - TEMO PEONIES TUNOJ DA ROZKOLORA KAJ BLUA - ĈI TIU KOLTUKO ESTAS NOVA NENIAM SUPRE - VI POVAS ENVENIG VESPERO SUR LA ŜULTROJ - AŬ ĈIRKAŬ LA KOLO AŬ SUR LA KAPO BANDO KUN DU PATOJ tio fal - UNU PECO PROPONO POR KRISTNASKO - ĈI TIU ESTAS FAR EN DU KVADRATA GRANDA HERMES HERMES RASSEMBLES FAR MALMULTO SED KOLTUKOJ PARTOJ ANKORAŬ ESTAS MIRINDA KOLEKTANTO - AGO LAŬPETE, ESTOS LIVERITA EN DONACO SKATOLO HERMES KAJ RUBANDOJ

I also tried to translate it into Klingon, but that didn't work so well.

Nov 23, 2010 at 7:31 AM Post #9 of 14

You are lucky I am not Chuck Norris, or else I'd be tracking you down armed with semi automatic
Quote:
Here, I had it translated into Esperanto:

ĈI TIE ESTAS RARA PECO SUR EBAY FRANCIO BELA KOLTUKO (KIU) KONSIST EL DU GRANDA HERMES CARRE SILKA SUBSKRIB AŬTENTIKA PECO - TEMO PEONIES TUNOJ DA ROZKOLORA KAJ BLUA - ĈI TIU KOLTUKO ESTAS NOVA NENIAM SUPRE - VI POVAS ENVENIG VESPERO SUR LA ŜULTROJ - AŬ ĈIRKAŬ LA KOLO AŬ SUR LA KAPO BANDO KUN DU PATOJ tio fal - UNU PECO PROPONO POR KRISTNASKO - ĈI TIU ESTAS FAR EN DU KVADRATA GRANDA HERMES HERMES RASSEMBLES FAR MALMULTO SED KOLTUKOJ PARTOJ ANKORAŬ ESTAS MIRINDA KOLEKTANTO - AGO LAŬPETE, ESTOS LIVERITA EN DONACO SKATOLO HERMES KAJ RUBANDOJ

I also tried to translate it into Klingon, but that didn't work so well.

Nov 23, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #10 of 14
This is the best I can do in the few minutes I have (I'm not a native Frenchie), but I think it gets the gist across:

Here is a rare item on eBay France, a superb scarf made of two silk squares. It’s an authentic Hermes scarf. It’s decorated with peonies, pale roses and the blue sky. This scarf has never been worn. You can wear it at night on your shoulders, or around your neck, or as a bandana on your head with the two tails that come down. I’m offering this to you for Christmas parties. This is in fact two big [squares] from Hermes. Hermes makes very few scarfs, but when they do, they’re always marvelous. Will measure it upon request, it will be delivered in a gift box from Hermes and Rubans.

Nov 23, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #11 of 14
I'm French, there's not reference to any kind of damage, the item is new and has never been worn. The rest is a mix between the description of the item and an ad for Hermes.

Nov 24, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #12 of 14

Quote:
I'm French, there's not reference to any kind of damage, the item is new and has never been worn. The rest is a mix between the description of the item and an ad for Hermes.

Yeah and they also mention it's more like 2 square pieces connected together as Hermes did only very rarely made scarves. But it shouldn't be damaged and it comes in a gift box.
Oh and OP don't forget that a lot of french speaking people live in different time zones
wink.gif

Nov 24, 2010 at 6:58 AM Post #13 of 14
Thanks for the translation guys. I am still not sure what she means by 2 square pieces connected together, but I guess we'll find out since we already purchased the item and on its way.
Funny that during the whole communication process, I kept sending her message in English explaining I didn't know French, and she kept replying me in French (had to google to find rough translation). I think she must have done the same with my message too. haha

Nov 26, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #14 of 14
I'm native french, and the seller's saying that it's basically two of those famous Hermes square silk scarfs put together to become a shawl, and that's it's a limited edition collector's item. Your choice whether it's true..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back