need some Portable Amp suggestion :D
Jan 11, 2011 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mattering

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys! I currently own a pair of westone 3 and DT770 Pro 250 Ohms and I need suggestions on portable amps since I travel back and forth from USA to Singapore. I need a headphone amp to drive my current cans and also i plan to buy a HD650 and JH16 in the future. I will be using my iPod Touch 3rd Gen. I currently have a ordnance .22 headphone amp and I feel that I need an upgrade. Was thinking about some iBasso DAC/Amp combos like the D10 but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance for all your advices and suggestions! :D

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #2 of 7
If you decide that you want a DAC/Amp, your choices simplify as there are not that many out there.  The D10 is a nice amp that can be customized and has some swiss army knife type features.  I'm not sure if it will properly drive the Beyers, but it works great with IEM's.

If you want a smaller amp for travel, another ibasso or perhaps a RSA Tomahawk, Mustang or Shadow could be considered. 

Jan 11, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #3 of 7
What about the TTVJ Millet Portable Tube Amp? Also the Portaphile V2^Maxxed Out and Xin Reference? Would either of them have enough juice to power the beyers...yet alone the HD650?

Jan 12, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #5 of 7
Heard a lot about the stepdance XD....just looking at different alternatives :p 

Jan 13, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #6 of 7
One question....RSA P-51 Mustang or Meier Corda Stepdance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back