Need some new music!
Jul 15, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the recommendations.
I already heard Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Black Sabbath and I do love them, same thing about AC/DC.
I think I'll explore some prog rock, like Yes, Camel and more.

good to know. tell us if you find something interesting.

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #17 of 27
Also worth checking if you find a new band you like (or an old band you know you like)

Throw it into pandora and listen to all the similar artists. I know there's some restrictions if you're outside of the states, but if you get creative there's plenty of ways around that...

Jul 17, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #19 of 27
I discovered a whole new world of Prog Rock... IT'S GREAT!
Yes, Camel, Van Der Graaf Generator, Gentle Giant
smily_headphones1.gif

Any more suggestions?

Jul 17, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #20 of 27
well prog rock seems to be your thing. try out some opeth if you don't mind the vocals. opeth's album blackwater park is a good start. also give grizzly bear's album "yellow house" a chance. think of it as folk prog. next give Godspeed you! black emperor a chance. try their EP moya. finally if you haven't already then try out the mars volta starting with deloused in the comatourium. lots of stuff out there so just be open minded.

Jul 17, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #21 of 27
Scar Symmetry, Symphony X, and Sonata Arctica are all pretty good metal bands.

Aug 22, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #26 of 27
Self - Subliminal plastic motives Great album might be hard to find in stores so look on amazon
They have 4 other albums some are hard to find.then there is 3 released for free by the band on the internet.

Aug 23, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #27 of 27
Tool
Mars Volta
Porcupine Tree
AIC
Yes
King Crimson (Debut album is mindblowing)
...others i cant remember

Users who are viewing this thread

Back