Need some help plz
Oct 22, 2008 at 11:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ClumsyPyro

New Head-Fier
L3000.gif
L3000.gif
L3000.gif

I was pointed here by a good friend of mine b/c he got some awesome headphones from your recommendations. Can you guys point me in the right direction?

So I'm looking to buy some headphones. My budget is about 70 to 80 bucks at most and that should include shipping and taxes, I'm in WA. I want them to enclose my ear, block out any ambient sound, and have clear crisp sound (I.E. good bass and treble), and be comfortable (I'll be wearing them for like 2 to 3 hours-ish). Now I understand all of this will be relative to money I am spending.

I'll be using them for Gaming (mainly, and the game types will be FPS and RTS), but also for watching movies, and listening to music. This will all be done through a rather powerful PC with a good sound card.

Edit: a microphone isn't a requirement, it's a bonus, but I'm willing to sacrifice having a mic if I can get a better sound output. I can always use an external mic for any VoIP I need.

Thanks in advance ^_^

Oct 22, 2008 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 6
What kind of music do you listen to? and Which of those uses will you be doing most?

Oct 22, 2008 at 11:40 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mow_the_hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of music do you listen to? and Which of those uses will you be doing most?

Gaming will be the primary use.

Music types: [Mainly Rock/Alternative Rock], techno, reggae, classical, just about everything.

Oh yea, and I don't want to have to use an amp =)

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #4 of 6
for closed headphones that will block out some sound in that price range I can only think of:
M-Audio Q40
Denon AH-d1000/1001
Equation Audio RP21

If you can stretch your budget I've read that the ATH AD700 (closed) is good for gaming. Probably ~110

Oct 22, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #5 of 6
I would buy a pair of KSC-75 and mod them for a headband. That's what I use for gaming.

Now I know what you're thinking...$15 and a $5 headband for serious gaming? Well, here's my reasoning:

1.Excellent sound quality for gaming.
2.Decent positional sound.
3.VERY LIGHT! I hardly notice I'm wearing them while playing.
4.I don't care what happens to them, as I could always send them back for repairs from Koss.
5.No amp needed (although I find that it helps).

$20 never sounded so good.

Nylan

Oct 22, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #6 of 6
What about those new closed JVC cans that have been seeing a slight bit of action around here?

For $57 (including shipping) from buy.com, you could make off with the highest of the line, the HA-RX900.

I haven't heard them personally... just sayin'... $0.02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back