Need some good, cheap headphones.
Sep 16, 2002 at 5:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bahamut727

Head-Fier
Hello, all. This is my first post in this forum, so be easy on me
wink.gif
Anways, I am looking for some relatively cheap headphones (hopefully under 100) that are still good. I listen mostly to Techno. It also would be nice if it kept the sound in (closed). Any Ideas?

Sep 16, 2002 at 5:43 AM Post #2 of 10
Welcome to Head-Fi bahamut727. The Sony MDR-V6 is a great value. If you are near a Fry's Electronics, they stock them and you can audition. The sell them for around $79.95, but you can find them cheaper on the net. Many recommend the Beyerdynamics, but I have never heard them so cannot comment. If you can possibly use open headphones, the Grado SR-80 is a great sounding entry into some high end cans too. Check out Head-Fi sponsor HeadRoom for a TON of selections and advice.

Good luck, and sorry about your wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2002 at 5:52 AM Post #3 of 10
Thanks for the reply. I do actually live relatively close to a Fry's so I can maybe check those out some day.

My wallet has been through much worse that this. imagine having an "anime dvd" obsession along with a music obsession and consider the fact I am jobless right now.... My wallet is screaming in pain.
frown.gif

Thanks again

Sep 16, 2002 at 5:55 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

My wallet has been through much worse that this.

You don't know this place well.....do you?
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
muahahahahaha

Sep 16, 2002 at 7:10 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
You don't know this place well.....do you?
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
muahahahahaha

Its only on low resolution that you can appreciate just how manic those evils look
wink.gif

I'll second JMT's opinion on the V6... well worthy
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2002 at 10:35 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
Its only on low resolution that you can appreciate just how manic those evils look
wink.gif

eek.gif
Wow, I didn't even realize they had little horns before.

I think I will take everyones advice and get the Sony MDR-V6. I found them online for 66 bucks
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2002 at 11:46 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by bahamut727
eek.gif
Wow, I didn't even realize they had little horns before.

I think I will take everyones advice and get the Sony MDR-V6. I found them online for 66 bucks
smily_headphones1.gif

I normally run my PC at 1280x1024 so, whilst I can just make out the horns, they look pretty unremarkable...

My original reply to this thread was made at work (I'm not really supposed to use my work PC for anything non-work related
mad.gif
) so I don't notice these things too much, but at only 800x600 its more than noticeable just how cool they are...

Anyways... bahamut727... be sure to post your opinions when you get the V6
biggrin.gif

Thanks

Sep 17, 2002 at 1:44 AM Post #10 of 10
where did you find them online for $66?

i still find $69 at millionbuy.com as the best price...

well i'll probably stil use millionbuy.com since they use USPS ground shipping to canada....

*heres hoping theres not customs charges*
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back