Need some clarification about pairing headphones/mic with an amp for xbox360 gaming
May 7, 2012 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

twocommas

New Head-Fier
I researched this topic but still have a few questions.  I have a pair of AD700s and want to use a Labtec mic to voice chat over xbox360.  In order to do this, I know I can get the Astro Mixamp (pro or 5.8) which has a seperate line for headphones and line for microphone.  Can I get the cheaper Tritton decoder (It has seperate line for headphones and mic as well)?

Also, It seems that I can't use the Turtle Beach DSS for my setup because it has only one port (can't use both headphones and mic).  Is that right?

Besides the Mixamp, Tritton decoder, and TB DSS, can I use any other amps on my xbox360 to have both: sound in the headphones, and ability to use a microphone?

Thanks!
beyersmile.png

May 17, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I researched this topic but still have a few questions.  I have a pair of AD700s and want to use a Labtec mic to voice chat over xbox360.  In order to do this, I know I can get the Astro Mixamp (pro or 5.8) which has a seperate line for headphones and line for microphone.  Can I get the cheaper Tritton decoder (It has seperate line for headphones and mic as well)?

Also, It seems that I can't use the Turtle Beach DSS for my setup because it has only one port (can't use both headphones and mic).  Is that right?

Besides the Mixamp, Tritton decoder, and TB DSS, can I use any other amps on my xbox360 to have both: sound in the headphones, and ability to use a microphone?

Thanks!
beyersmile.png

The mixamp is the most convenient option since you can mix game/voice volume the easiest.  It also has a lower noise floor than the DSS or AX720 box (less hiss).  It's the same price as the AX720 (although you don't get the tritton headset).  Technically you can mix game and voice with the tritton box too.

The mixamp 5.8 is out of stock again, and will probably remain out of stock for a while since Astro like to only sell it with headset bundles. 

I'd only recommend the DSS for people who WON'T be using chat, since it doesn't accommodate it.

I don't think there are any other choices besides those three...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back