Need some advice...
Aug 6, 2006 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MuZI

Headphoneus Supremus
I need some advice on an issue so hopefully you guys can help me out. About 2 years ago my friend started up some business (at that time we were both 16-17) and I did some work for him. Me and 3 other people made a website, had access to the hosting, and created graphics for him for which we got paid. We never claimed any ownership.

After 3 months, he had done no work at all and everything just died off, the "business" just died and was forgotten.

Recently my friend has decided to revive it and we're 18-19 currently. I claim no ownership at all or any affiliation to his "business" at all but he insists we all sign a contract stating that it is his "business" and his alone so he would like us to sign a piece of paper saying we won't have any say or any profits he makes.

I don't mind that part at all... it's just the part about signing something that he made himself freaks me out.

I’m thinking about telling him I don’t want to sign anything but he will probably think I’m trying to get a portion of his “business” from him. He pretty much thinks it’s some sort of a joking matter and that these contracts make him seem more professional.

What should I do in this matter?

Aug 6, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 2
If you have beed paid for the work that you do and you got no interest of claiming any part of ownership, I don't see any reason to sign the waiver. Make sure to read and understand what you will sign though and made any adjustment if necessary. Better yet try to make a simple waiver yourself or ask him to make you a receipt for the work that you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back