1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Need some advice with headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by metalicca, Apr 24, 2011.
  1. MetaLicca
    Hey guys, right now, I've got a pair of the Beats Solo Beats HD. I bought them before I knew much about headphones, or how overpriced they were. Recently though, I've been looking at possibly selling these to get a better pair. I've been looking at the Seinheiser HD 428's specifically. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these, and if they're better or worse than the Beats I've got, even though they're so much cheaper. Any other suggestions would also be appreciated, I'm looking at headphones around the 100-120 dollar range, so if you could suggest anything else around that range, that would also be great. I'd need a closed model, since I plan to be using this on the bus, on drives, etc. Thanks.

2. TMRaven
    Better in what regards?  What type of sound signature are you looking for?  Do you still want to keep the impactful beats bass?  

3. MetaLicca
    I'm looking for overall better sound quality. I don't mind the Beats bass, but I find it to be a overpowering a lot of times.I mainly  just want a pair with good, balanced, lows, mids, and highs, nothing too overpowering. Just an all around solid pair of headphones. Not sure if that answers your question.