Need Some Advice on Upgrading
Nov 2, 2010 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

New Head-Fier
So I currently own a pair of Denon AH D1001's (have had it for about a year) and am thinking of upgrading to a D2000. I'm just wondering if its worth the upgrade? I will be using these headphones with my iphone on the go.  Also, if i get a portable amp (Fiio e7) will that make a big difference (with the d2000's)?

Thanks!

Nov 2, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 5
Most will say that the D2000 best the D1001 in every aspect. While I cannot say that for myself, that does seem like it would hold it's truth.

D2000 sound great out of an MP3. I've been doing it for the past few weeks and I like it a lot. The bass is just incredible on these! Watch out for the cord though, it would be incredibly hard to use these "on the go". The cord is the absolute thickest I've ever seen, and it's quite stiff. Actually, I shouldn't call it a cord -- nor cable. It's more like a rope.

Anyway, you could get the Fiio E7 if you wanted a bit more bass, but it really isn't necessary. I believe the Fiio's are pretty much good for enhancing bass, and that's about it. I guess you could get it and try it out, as it's not too expensive. But the D2000 would run just fine without one.

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the quick reply! I think i'm gonna get the d2000's. I'm gonna go visit LA (i'm from Canada) during christmas and was wondering if u knew any stores there or in the US in general, that sold these headphones? or have a good selection of headphones? and what price the d2000's would be?

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #4 of 5
I've never really heard of (or been to any) stores that carry a huge amount of decent headphones. Most, (if not nearly all) users will buy them online.

The D2000 are actually discontinued, so their price have been fluctuating a lot recently. I got mine for $230, but I've seen it as low as $190 -- which is absolutely amazing.

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #5 of 5
can you recommend any places or sites that sell the denon's cheap? i've been searchin all nite. the problem is that not a lot of places ship denon's to canada so i kinda have a problem here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back