Need some advice on my next mp3 player
Nov 20, 2008 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Cactus

New Head-Fier
I've been lurking around the Head-fi forum for a while now and have only just registered (woot! first post), and am hoping for some advice on a new mp3 player.

I have the iPod touch and was very disappointed in the sound quality, especially the bass. It's kind of weird because my old bose triport headphones sound pretty ok on it, but I just got a pair of SE530's (wow!) and while they sound great on my computer, they just don't really cut it when it comes to the touch IMO.

So things to consider before giving your feedback:
-I plan on taking this mp3 player to the gym
-I'm looking for the best sound possible (mostly mp3 formats and sadly not the best quality)
-I'll be listening on my SE530's
-I'd spend up to $250

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. I'd also be interested in WHY you recommend it.

Thanks much,
Cactus

Nov 21, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony S639 -> Flash based so usable for running, great SQ, can bass boost effectively if you feel you need more, 99.99 pounds at advanced mp3 players.

The SONY one is great choice, unless you want use an amp.

Nov 27, 2008 at 7:17 AM Post #6 of 6
I'm really enjoying the Sansa Clip. The EQ isn't amazing, but it's better than just going with presets. It took me maybe 15 minutes or so of just tinkering around and listening to different tracks before I found something that I like. So far it has been a GREAT little mp3 player for the gym, and the sound quality is much much better than the iPod Touch. The thing that I was really missing from the touch that I now get in the Clip is the lows. The bass frequencies for the Touch suck.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back