Need Silent soundblocking headphones
Mar 20, 2010 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ssavage

500+ Head-Fier
that cover my entire ear and more. most important thing to me is comfort and looks. also, want some so that nobody can hear what i'm listening to and they can block out the outside world. very limited budget, whats out there for 100 and under?

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 10
are in-ears an option? good sealed, isolating in ears would provide the same effect as around ear phones that block out noise and keep what you're listening to in.
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #6 of 10
don't want those, want the actual big things that cover my whole ear you know? don't know anything about phones but just want a one and done for my ipod

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #7 of 10
Headphones that would cover your whole ear (Circumaural) block most outside noise and not leak much, efficient enough to be driven from a DAP or Ipod for less than $100 USD (dependent on where you live)=

Shure SRH 440, Senn HD4*8 X3, ATH ES7, SQ5, WS70. Search for these headphones, this is a place for you to start ssavage.

Mar 20, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #8 of 10
atm-m50 sounds like its for you
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #9 of 10
1.Grado SR 60
2.Sennheiser HD212 Pro
3.Shure SE210
4.Koss PortaPro
5.Sennheiser PX200

i heard these are top 5 under 100?
any thoughts?

Mar 20, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssavage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1.Grado SR 60
2.Sennheiser HD212 Pro
3.Shure SE210
4.Koss PortaPro
5.Sennheiser PX200

i heard these are top 5 under 100?
any thoughts?

1. The absolute anti-thesis of what you want. Not comfortable, on-ear not over, blocks zero noise, retro look that'll see to it you're made fun of if you hang out with Skullcandy users. Sounds great though.

2. If these are only as big as the eH-150, then they're only over-ear for those with small ears. Also if otherwise similar, they won't be that comfy. No comments on sound. They don't look at all attractive to me, but that's my personal taste.

3. Being in-ear, they'll maintain a low profile and block plenty of noise. Probably your best choice if you don't mind plugging your ears up. No comment on sound again.

4. Like Grado, a true anti-thesis. No comment on comfort, but on-ear, block zero noise, weird spacey-sci-fi-future look that some dig, some despise. If they sound like my KSC75, they sound good for the price.

5. Not as widely regarded as PX100, but closed. I've read a handful of bad reviews, but sound is subjective. Going to be on-ear.

Also, this list is nowhere near a Top 5. Look at Kernmac's post. Those look good for you. I'll also throw in the Audio-Technica M50 if you can find one cheap. They're highly regarded, though I haven't heard them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back