Need replacement headphones for gym
Oct 16, 2009 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

queuewindow

New Head-Fier
Was using Senn's MX70 and I'm finally ready to ditch them. SQ was good enough for jogging but they would come out often and need adjusting, not to mention the wire's terrible tendency to slide all over my back while I'm running.

I think I'd like to try some portable cans this time. I was looking at the PortaPros but I need to know how stable they are. Main issues for me I guess are comfort and stability. SQ is nice, but it's just a bonus.

I realize this question's been asked many times before, so replies are much appreciated.

Oct 16, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #2 of 9
I need to learn to read the entire post
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by queuewindow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But those are IEMs Zwole. I'm looking for portable cans. Any ideas?

Holy crap i must be half asleep im an idiot lol. Sorry about that 11 hour work days FTL. Only portable cans ive used are the cheaper jvc or other brands found at walmart. Most of them are half decent for the gym but not much else lol. cans might not be too comfortable in the gym but i could be wrong. hope you get some more help.

Oct 16, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #6 of 9
I use sennheiser px100 while I'm running (i prefer these to Porta Pro).

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Koss KSC75 are perfect if you can handle clip-ons; much more secure fit than Portas IMO.

I'm gonna have these on for upwards of two hours a day. Would you still recommend the KSC75?

t adiZero: I'm not sure about the PX100. It doesn't seem like it would stay up while I'm running.

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by queuewindow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm gonna have these on for upwards of two hours a day. Would you still recommend the KSC75?

Yes, I would. The clips can be bent to fit your ears better with a bit of force, which I can't say for my other 2 favourite clip-ons, the Yuin G2A and Koss KSC35. The 35's are lighter though. YMMV, of course, but for me over-the-head phones don't stay on under strenuous activity and the only other phones that do are the iGrados, which hurt after a while. There's also Senn PMX100, which use the same drivers as the PX100, but I don't know how comfy they are. Same goes for the SportaPros (same drivers as PortaPros).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back