Need recommendations on upgrade from Shure 215 for 250$ or less (new or second hand) TIA
Oct 21, 2017 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

baojin

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I've been reading the website for quite some time now but i've recently subscribed as i want to step up from my Shure 215.

As most new phones don't have Jacks now, i went and got the DACPort slim and i was looking for new IEMs to go with it.

There are 2 that go for 249.99$ on Massdrop at the moment : the Noble X and the HEM6 from Nuforce. Both seem to have good sounstage and all but i can't find a side by side comparison between the two contenders.

Would anyone who owns or have tested both could please post what are their feelings and the difference between them ?

Edit : there are other items that could be in the good price range for me (under 250$) like etymotics er4 (second hand) there is a pair of orions as well going for 220 here. So i'm really a little bit overwhelmed with what to choose.

The most important thing to me is that i mostly use my IEMs while walking, running or at work, so i'm afraid that the etymotics will give me cable noise, for the rest, i am totally clueless...

I also mostly listen to electro (all kinds from jungle to synthwave) or hip-hop, so i guess basses are important :)

Thanks a lot for the help !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back