Need recommendations for RHA T10 alternatives
May 20, 2015 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

GWalkaa

New Head-Fier
Hey all.

After long deliberation, I purchased a set of RHA T10's. Firslty, WOW the build quality on these is outstanding. Truly one of the best made items I have ever owned. However, I can't get on with the signature.

I come from listening to Klipsch's Image X10's and X11's and I really enjoyed the sound of these. However, I wanted to try something new as most of you guys rate a lot of headphones far superior to these, plus the build quality was shocking.

So I have contacted RHA and along with the build quality, their customer service is also 1st class, love the company. They have agreed to a refund, so I'm not looking for a new set of headphones.

My disappointments with the T10's are as below:

1. Lacked bass - I know, but honestly, I didn't see any real improvements over the X11's, maybe I expected too much
  2. Muddy trebles
  3. Dark signature
  4. Quiet - the seemed to leak a bit, but the actual sound through my canal was quiet

The parts I liked:

1. Quality
  2. Fit
  3. Isolation

So, in short, I need a new IEM. I want really punchy bass, clear trebles and a brighter signature. I listen to mainly hip-hop and reggae and 95% of the time it will be from an iPhone 5 / 6 on Spotify at the Extreme setting. Budget is up to £200.

Please send through your recommendations / questions and advice.

Appreciate your help guys.

May 20, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #3 of 5
Which filters were you using with the T10?

I tried all and eventually leaned towards the treble filters I found a slight drop in the bass but clarity was increased however not as much as I would have liked.

After reading several posts I'm leaning towards sennheiser IE80's. Do you have any experience of these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back