Need recommendations for headphoned mostly for out-door usage; budget ~50$ (completely new to headphones)
Mar 2, 2014 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Matas

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your beloved music with awesome headphones. And that's what I want to ask you about : headphones.

Firstly, I want to say that I have never used headphones in my life. But now I want to try headphones because of a sound quality that (I believe) is way better.

Music
So, I'm mostly listening to indie rock, folk rock and hard rock music (bands like Hey Rosetta!, Band of Horses, Bon Iver, Three Day Grace). So clear mids and highs play the biggest role here. But ofcourse I want to feel bass in my music

Usage
Almost everytime I pull out my earphones is time when I walk back to home. Needless to say that I'll use my headphones out side and I need good isolation from noises coming out cars and etc. Comfort is also an advantage.

Equipment
I'm always using my smart phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus). I don't own amp but I might buy one if there is a great need.

Since my budgete is 50$ small I don't expect anything that could blow my mind. I've been looking at Superlux HD668B but I found out that it's not for outside usage. I've been looking here and in other similar sites but prices I've found are too high for me. And so I'm here asking for your help and recommendations. Thanks in advance guys :) looking forward for your posts.

Best regards,
Matas

Mar 3, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 6
Welcome!

You should consider Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80)

Best Luck!

Mar 3, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #4 of 6
I've been using a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M30's and have just passed them on to the missus to justify me buying the M50's. They can be had on Amazon right now for 39.99 and free shipping. I love these things to death, except for the super long cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back