Need recommendations for closed-ear headphones
Jun 26, 2008 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

steveL88

New Head-Fier
A friend of mine pointed me to these forums for help on choosing some new headphones. I currently have a pair of sennheiser hd280s, which I do like but I find them to be lean on bass - something that really bothers me when I listen to hard rock or metal (the music sounds almost hollow). I listen to a wide variety of music, but typically rock, metal and stuff of the like. I play them through my computer (currently using onboard sound but plan on upgrading shortly) and on the go I usually use my Cowon A2. I like closed ear phones because on-ear tend to not fit me well and not stay in one position. My budget is about $300-350 though I can go a little higher if something is truly worth it.

I did read the sticky but it wasn't too descriptive of the headphones and I was hoping to hear from people who enjoyed the same genres as myself as to make a better choice.

edit: re-reading it this post sounded a little demanding, any help would be appreciated
wink.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #2 of 3

zantetsuken

100+ Head-Fier
Denon D2000 are not bad at all might wana try those...i believe u can grab em for ~$300, check out the reviews in these forums if ur interested.

Jun 26, 2008 at 8:29 AM Post #3 of 3

Tiemen

Headphoneus Supremus
BeyerDynamic DT770 (the consumer 2005 edition)

Users who are viewing this thread