need recommendation what and where to spend
May 18, 2011 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

excelsior

New Head-Fier
smily_headphones1.gif
hi head-fi,
i have around 130euro to spend but i m getting confused about what should i buy
im looking not only headphone but other equipment as well(dac,amp,dap etc)
i like to listen jazz,pop,rock,rnb mainly
actually im quite happy with my current set up but having money to spend really tempting me to upgrade 
tongue.gif

current condition :
headphone : beyer dt235
earphone : xears td iii
player : clip+ rockboxed
onboard souncard laptop

im looking to upgrade my set up but confused which one should i buy
things i consider are price/performance, SQ, improvement, investment
what should i get?
i will be really happy if i can get a bargain price and im willing to buy things second hand

some random thought after reading and finding :
headphone : mainly im looking for senn hd 25 1 ii. but will fullsize headphone in similar price perform better??if yes pls give some names
earphone : not really interested but still considering
player : cowon n sony are im looking to buy. it will be best if i can get j3 but i can live with d2 or i9 or s9. for sony player i dont know much about their type but i heard their player is good(x1051, a818,a846).any recommendation?
dac/amp : dont know much about these.but some things i oft read n can find in sale section are ibasso db1, fiio e5/7/9, littel dot dac 1, headroom micro dac, udac, cmoy.

which thing(s) should i buy will give best price/performance, improvement n investment?? 
biggrin.gif

the more i read the more i confuse and getting poisoned 
confused.gif

sorry for the long read and if i put it in the wrong section
any inputs will be appreciated

thank you for reading 
wink.gif

May 19, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #4 of 4
Well as you say, you do have a lot of options but the first thing which came to mind was the Fiio E7. I say this because it could be used as a portable amp for your headphones/iems but it also functions as a DAC which will allow you to bypass your onboard soundcard for, hopefully, an improved sound from your laptop. I know Amazon UK has an E7 for about 60 pounds and they ship to mainland Europe. Now you only have 60 euros more to spend, why not go for the Creative Aurvana Live! which are around that price. They share the same drivers as the Denon AH-D1001 on which you can read up. Why? I dont know really but if I had 130 euros that's probably how I would spend it. :D

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back