Need Recommendation - Touchscreen portable media player that can sort by Genre/Album Artist/Album
Jan 26, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #16 of 29
Ok, thank you.
Battery life isn't important as regardless of what I buy, it will be wired to the car's power.
View of the screen isn't as important to me as functionality of the touchscreen (as I will have the tv output to the car's monitors)

Quote:SUBMIT
I'm going to vote J3, there just really isn't a comparison to the LED screen. The Touch 4G's screen is a lot better, but IMO still not as good and can't be viewed at angles. I'm not sure if battery life is important, but if you need it long, again no comparison to the J3. Apple = apps. Cowon = media.

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #17 of 29
If TV out is your number one concern, and you're willing to wait, you might want to keep an eye on the D3. The only reason I say that is because it's got 1080p out, and as of now the firmware is still buggy.

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #19 of 29
You might want to check out the new Cowon D3. It looks pretty amazing and probably meets your criteria.

http://www.cowonglobal.com/

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #20 of 29
It looks very nice, but the need for HD is useless for my use.  I will be using this device in a car with an 8" and 12" screen.  The 12" screen has a high resolution, but that's only through VGA connections.  I just setup up the car using RCA connections.  So DVD quality at most.

Quote:
You might want to check out the new Cowon D3. It looks pretty amazing and probably meets your criteria.

http://www.cowonglobal.com/

Jan 28, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #24 of 29

Second screenshot from the left, on the top.

Jan 28, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #26 of 29
It's to show you that the J3 does the sort of album art search you were asking about. There's quite a bit of information on the Cowon site, if you check it out.

Jan 29, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #28 of 29

Quote:
Can anyone confirm if the J3 can navigation through music like this:
Genre
Artist (or Album Artist)
Album

Hmm, the screenshots didn't load for me earlier so to clarify:
The Album Art coverflow thing can only browse through the "Albums" alphabetically as far as I know, but the text based file browser can do the all the tags. 

Jan 29, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #29 of 29
Thank you very much.

Quote:

Quote:
Can anyone confirm if the J3 can navigation through music like this:
Genre
Artist (or Album Artist)
Album

Hmm, the screenshots didn't load for me earlier so to clarify:
The Album Art coverflow thing can only browse through the "Albums" alphabetically as far as I know, but the text based file browser can do the all the tags. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back