1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

need recommendation of headphones for listening to mega bass

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by dubesinhower, May 30, 2011.
Next

Last
  1. dubesinhower
    i'm looking to spend 200-300 dollars for a new pair of headphones.

i'm sorta a rookie when it comes to high end audio reproduction, but i know what i want.

i really love listening to music with lots of bass. my favorite type of music is electronica, especially house, trance, drum and bass, and dubstep.

i don't have a sound card, and i don't have an amp.

if anyone could recommend a starting point, i would be very appreciative!

2. BrucYSN
    $300 for headphone or the whole thing, if you really into bass the M50, Denon d2000, and some ultrastone pro900 are worth digging 

3. classakg

Quote:

Check the sony XB series. Lots of bass. 

4. Genocide174

Quote:

x2 on the XB series.

5. dubesinhower

Quote:

300 for headphones. i can always add on later

6. sennfan1975

Quote:
    get monster beats[​IMG]

7. wilzc
    Sony MDR XB-1000  one thoussaannndddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111oneoenoneoenoeneonone

8. crinacle
    XB series FTW!!!

Seriously, their bass literally vibrates your skull...

If not, the Ultrasone Pro900 or the Audio Technica Pro700 MK2 will do some justice in the bass department too.

9. ZARIM
    Klipsch Image ONE, Monster HD Solo, Ultrasone Pro2900, and XB1000. The portable and desktop setup can be XM6(AMPs/DAC)+Klipsch Image ONE or for home use only Asus Essence ST+Matrix M Stage+DT990, Pro2900.

10. Tacoboy
    Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80-Ohm headphones (BASS!) and a simple single tube headphone amp. off eBay.
    The DT 770 Pro 250-Ohm has a very balanced sound.
    Prices for the tube headphone amp. start at around $50 and they are shipped from China.
    I use the Indeed MK2 6922EH tube amp.

11. dubesinhower
    im just worried that the sony xb1000 will look rediculous lol

some reviews say that the audio technica pro700 mkII doesnt fit on bigger ears, which ruins some of the isolation

12. shamrock134
    The XB1000 does not have "mega bass".

13. Genocide174

Quote:

Would you say the fiio e5 is enough to power the  DT770 80-ohm? Or should I get the E11?

14. Tacoboy

Quote:

The Fiio E5 is rated up to 300 Ohm, so I would "guess" it would work fine with the DT 770 Pro 80-Ohm, but personally I would just get the E11.

15. wilzc

Quote:

Owh what???/
    boring...

XB700!!!!!

Next

Last