Need recommendation for decent budget player
Oct 28, 2009 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AlfonsVH

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm looking for a decent (!) budget DAP that'd sound good with my Westone UM1s. I currently own a Cowon D2, but the battery is near its end.
Yesterday, I bought a Sansa Clip v2, which I initially liked, but after a while I noticed that the music seemed just a bit off-pitch. I then visited the Sansa forums, where I discovered that this is a known issue, but that Sansa won't solve it!

So... now I'm looking for a player within the same price range as the Clip (i.e. 40-60 EUR) with drag & drop support (MSC) and if possible FLAC and Ogg Vorbis support that does play the audio correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:38 AM Post #2 of 9
How about a new D2+?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #3 of 9
I was thinking of that too, but I don't need (or want) the touchscreen and as such am not willing to pay 3x the amount I'm willing to spend because of the touchscreen and PMP-capabilities. (which I assume are the reason of it being much more expensive than simpler DAPs)

Oct 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks for the tips guys. If I understand you correctly, the Clip+ does not suffer from the speed problem?

If that's the case, I might try and convince Sandisk to swap my brand new Clip for a Clip+

Oct 28, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #7 of 9
yeah it has that issue, just encode it at a higher sample rate, . A workaround is resampling the audio files to 48kHz, at which the bug becomes barely noticeable.

Oct 28, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadly55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah it has that issue, just encode it at a higher sample rate, . A workaround is resampling the audio files to 48kHz, at which the bug becomes barely noticeable.

Any ideas on how to do this on a Mac? I know iTunes is able to do it, but I'd much rather use a decent quality ripping program such as Max, but that program doesn't seem to allow resampling to 48kHz...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back