Need recommendation for best gaming headphone
May 12, 2015 at 9:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

arficool

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I am new here and I need some help to choose a headphone. I found some headphones in my budget, they are

1-Sony MDR-ZX310
2-sennheiser hd201
3-Sony MDR-XD150

I think Sony Zx310 is better but I need at least 2 meters cable but it has only1.2 meter cable, so it is useless for me. I have a 5 meter audio extention cable(local brand) but I hesitate to use it coz I think it reduces sound and bass quality, is I am right.? If yes then plz suggest me a headphone between above listed except zx310, if no , can i use the cable..?

May 12, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 3

Asr

Headphoneus Supremus
I can't offer any advice on the headphones, but you're unlikely to notice the sonic effect of a 5M extension cable on cheap headphones. I use an extension with one of my headphones too (an Audio-Technica ES7, originally about $150), but not as long (it's 6 feet), and have never noticed any adverse sonic effect with it. Sounds the same just as it does straight out of my computer's headphone jack. And I use a 30-foot extension on a multimedia speaker setup (to extend the "auditory" range on my TV into the next room so I don't have to turn up its built-in speakers as much) and that doesn't seem to affect sound much either.

May 12, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 3

cel4145

Headphoneus Supremus
Do you need the isolation of closed headphones? Often gamers like open headphones for the better soundstage. These Superlux are quite popular on Head-Fi: http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-681-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B002GHIPYI/

Users who are viewing this thread