Need recommendation for 700$ Headphone and Amp
Jun 8, 2015 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Memoranda

New Head-Fier
Hello, I've been using pairs of IEMs for years. Now, I think I'm going to change to Full-Size Headphone.
I love Forwarding Mid and a great Clarity which Shure IEM produce but I would love to have a larger soundstage.
Now I'm thinking of getting an AKG K702 and Schiit Vali amp but I'd love to have a better clarity.
Is there any set that worth considering within the budget of 700$?
PS. It'd be great if it's a DAC Amp

Jun 8, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #2 of 6
For $700 there are various second hand Stax systems you could buy. If you want clarity and a good soundstage I recommend you get one of those.

If you don't like buying second hand you could also buy a new Stax SRS-2170 system from PriceJapan for less than $700. If you stretch your budget with $82 you could even buy a new SRS-3170 system.

Still, I think you can get better value for your money if it's second hand.

Jun 8, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 6
Look into Sennheiser HD600/650 and Maverick Audio Tubemagic D1. It's a DAC/AMP that was literally tuned with the HD650. Shipping might be a little more since it ships from China but not too much. I absolutely loved the combo when I had it.

Jun 8, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #5 of 6
  Hello, I've been using pairs of IEMs for years. Now, I think I'm going to change to Full-Size Headphone.
I love Forwarding Mid and a great Clarity which Shure IEM produce but I would love to have a larger soundstage.
Now I'm thinking of getting an AKG K702 and Schiit Vali amp but I'd love to have a better clarity.
Is there any set that worth considering within the budget of 700$?
PS. It'd be great if it's a DAC Amp

Meier Audio Jazz for $330 (includes shipping), plus a Schiit Modi2 for $99; you just need to add a little bit to get the K702.

If you want to make sure to stay within $700, there's the AudioGD NFB-11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back