NEED QUICK RESPONSE ABOUT Panasonic SL-CT480A
Jun 28, 2001 at 8:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

HeNry2cOoL

New Head-Fier
confused.gif

OK, i've been REALLY thinking of buying this cd player because of it's low cost and functionalibity. I need to know whether or not if the SL-CT480 can recharge NORMAL rechargable niMH batteries without doin any modding to the battery, like cutting part of the label off, i know that some panasonic models requires their special rechargables in order for it to recharge. Does the unit have a battery meter so i know how the power level is, and what is the headphone amp rating on it?? I need these info by tomarrow before i make my final decision on buying it on not, but for $60 it's a good deal to me, im leaving for my vacation trip and i need something to listen to during the long car rides and plane trips. My old Sony D-E551 (2nd sony that failed on me) is seriously fallin apart and the buttons does not function most of the time, and i need a low cost and long term replacement player. Thanks.

-HeNry2cOoL

Jun 28, 2001 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 5
I think I can answer some of your questions. I'm pretty sure most if not all Panasonic players will only charge their own batteries, unless you cut part of the label off the batteries.

I don't think there's a battery meter on the 480. I have the 470 and it doesn't but the higher model 570 did.

I think all the new Panasonic's have 8mw/ch amps. (More than new Sony players, but not great)

Jun 28, 2001 at 6:08 PM Post #3 of 5
I do know that the new sonys does not need to charge with their own rechargables, they recharge other batteries as well. As for the panasonics im unsure of, especially the CT480 because it can use both AA and AAA batteries. I'm deciding to go against sony this time because it's been the 2nd sony that failed on me, and the 'Mega Bass' on the sony's starts clipping at 3/4 of the volume. I also dislike their low headphone amps. Well i still need someone to fully comfirm if the panasonic has a battery meter and if it can recharge other batteries than their own.

Jul 2, 2001 at 5:16 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by HeNry2cOoL
I do know that the new sonys does not need to charge with their own rechargables, they recharge other batteries as well.

My Sony D-EJ721's owners manual says that I can only use Sony-brand rechargeables in order to charge them. Although it can charge other brands, I don't recommend you to do so - especially not within the three-month labor portion of the warranty.

Jul 2, 2001 at 5:35 AM Post #5 of 5
I have the DE-J825, and the auxillary battery compartment... (looks like a Tampon
eek.gif
) actually plugs INTO the mains adapter on the unit, making it impossible to have both plugged in at the same time?!
confused.gif

On the plus side though, with these newer players, if you can get your hands on some MH-14WM gumstick batteries... they playback time is kinda like forever... moreso than the DE-J925

(68 hours with both internal and external on the DE-J825 as standard with MH-6WM... and 80 hours on the DE-J925 with MH-14WM as standard... I've had WAY more life out of the 825 with the 1400mah batteries and AAs... I can't tell you specifically how much... but I'm POSITIVE it was in excess of 100 hours)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back