ATH-ES3
iGrado
Bang and Olufsen Form 2
Porta Pro
PX100
BeyerDynamic FX1
Pioneer SE-MJ2, SE-MJ3

has to be light <=100G

im looking for clarity, and clear flat neutral sound, but bass shouldnt take a back seat nor overly bloated :p Im not really sure from my reading which one is better.

Nov 3, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Erm, these are all very different cans. Some are open, some are closed; some isolate, some don't; some are bright, some are dark. So...what do you like?

Ive did the research but alot said the PX100/PortaPros is better because its open, now im more leaning towards closed portable / semi-close.

The bang and olufsen Form 2 one poster said it sounds worser than the PortaPro / PX 100, not to mention its expensive.

Ive have IEM (ER6i) and Closed Can (Ultrasone Pro 750) right now, so perhaps i dont know why Open Cans sounds better, But they leak sound in/out which i dont particular like so maybe they are out. Hehe yes the Ultrasone is too big for Portable use, ER6i is great but i dont like looping the cable over my head for walking around plus it is too fussy to insert them in when someone try to talk to me.

In terms of sound it should be neutral, and i must hear at least hear nearly every detail, but with BASS impact at least. And deep notes. The Audio Technica ES-3 (i like it because its portable i know the ES-7 is way better but its big, and i havent seen ES-5 in Australia yet) Has a better (high) frequency response than the PX200, but dont know much about them at all...

Anything that has Clipons are out (most are Open anyway) and / or the Street Style (iGrados, would've want to buy it but its street and open style).

But i havent seen the Pioneer SE-MJ series yet. those are just 100Grams they seem to be only avaliable in Europe or something.

BeyerDynamic FX1 seen it on Amazon for like 17 bucks, so cheap from Beyer... Ive posted a thread about it no doubt many of you have seen it, but no one seem to have own them or even reviewed them haha.

Nov 6, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shingetsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just get some ES55 and be done with it.

Unfortunately cant find that in Australia, and for the price converted from US dollars, it'll be more than an ES7... But yeah its double the weight of many listed here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back