Need p.s. and remote for D-EJ915. Any help?
Oct 3, 2002 at 3:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

grancasa

100+ Head-Fier
I just picked up a Sony D-EJ915 from eBay for $35.
biggrin.gif
But it only came with the cd player, the rechargeable batteries, and the case for it.
I was wondering if I could use a 5v regulated walwart to power it, even though its listed input voltage is 4.5.
Also, any suggestions about building my own external battery pack for it, or a location to find the stock battery case?
Third, and this is where I'm looking to the great people on Head-Fi to help me out, I'm looking for the remote. If anyone has an extra (ie. they have two devices with the same remote) and would be willing to sell it to me, at a reasonable price, it would be much appreciated. Or just point me in the direction of a cheap one.

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2002 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 3
I got this player about two years ago, good quality.
I like its size and weight, that time was the smallest.

I will post all details about accessories tomorrow; have to have a look at the manual.

$35 for this player is very good price
biggrin.gif
I saw two off them in ebay two weeks ago "buy it now" for $14.95
eek.gif

Was too late
frown.gif

Oct 3, 2002 at 10:02 PM Post #3 of 3
As, promised:
Remote RM-CD12EL
Battery case EBP-30 eats 2 AA size batteries.

As you probably noticed, the battery plug is not round common one.
This player can recognize supply source; main supply or battery case. If you connect round wall plug to the player you can start charging internal battery.
The battery case plug is flat and activated additional contact so the players "knows" that this is battery and does not charge internal battery.

To built battery pack is simple, use 4 rechargeable batteries (4*1.2V) gives you 4.8V which is close enough. Actually gives you more when battery is fresh but this is no problem. but remember do not use alkaline batteries with case like that (6V)
eek.gif

I hope this helps,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back