need overpowering bass headphones
Feb 12, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #61 of 90
Don't get the AKG k301, they are very non bassy. I tried them out and took them off as soon as I heard my music played. Didn't like that sound at all.

For bass you will want the Koss portaPros. I love mine, nice, warm, dark sounding with a copious helping of bass.
basshead.gif

Feb 12, 2006 at 11:22 PM Post #62 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by familyman
wrong IMO. i've owned the 212pros.... my 280's replaced them.... way better bass in extension and impact.... not bloated sounding like sony's. with the tone generator i can get my 280's bass down to 15hz...

212's =crappy car stereo/sub
280's =nice car stereo/subs
280smile.gif

I thought he asked for overpowering bass not nice bass from monitor cans..
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #63 of 90
Why exactly do you even want such bass-heavy sound? Why don't you just get two-dollar crappy earbuds and then spend the rest of your money on a subwoofer?
rolleyes.gif

You're asking a hi-fi board for recommendations on anything BUT a hi-fi product/solution.

Feb 13, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #65 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by familyman
wrong IMO. i've owned the 212pros.... my 280's replaced them.... way better bass in extension and impact.... not bloated sounding like sony's. with the tone generator i can get my 280's bass down to 15hz...

212's =crappy car stereo/sub
280's =nice car stereo/subs
280smile.gif

The 280 has correct, studio monitor sound. Not really colored, just what is there. If bass is there, it has bass. Judging by this guy's listening preferences so far, I don't think he wants correct bass, I think he wants boomy flabby sub sound only. I had the 280 and the 212 at the same time, actually. The 280 for a year.

Feb 13, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #66 of 90
ok maybe you havent been reading any of my posts. i have fricking subs. but for the once in a while times where i cant blast them i need something that wont sound like crap after listening to subs.

as for the person who said kappas were crap. they arent they dont have big bass but they play clear enough and undistorted at high volumes to be heard with my subs. which i couldnt really say alot of speakers can do.

that panasonic one is basically the same design as the skull crushers with dual drivers which isnt all that great.

i think im gonna go with the A500s if thats what is the best for the price range

Feb 13, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #67 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by NewCents05
i think im gonna go with the A500s if thats what is the best for the price range

Yup. That or the HD 485 sound like the <$100 bass kings.

Feb 13, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #70 of 90
HD-485 or, honestly, the Bose Triport. The Triport can output loads of flabby bloated bass with a little EQ. You can sometimes find them @ Ebay for under $100. Just beware of the cheap build quality. Otherwise, save a bit and get the Beyer DT-770 and drill some ports
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 13, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #71 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
The 280 has correct, studio monitor sound. Not really colored, just what is there. If bass is there, it has bass.

are you saying the 212's create bass when it is not there?
you had the 212's and the 280's and didnt thnk the 280's bass was stronger?
i owned both at the same time also and my 212's couldn't make my ear lobs vibrate without cranking the volume untill the bass becomes less accurate/not as clear. i've been listening to then new young bloodz album with minimal bass eq and my lobes vibrate! maybe i had dud 212's or i have killer 280's lol. if he wants out of control bass then he's going to have to spend more than 100 beans.

dt770/80's obviously

although i havent heard the a500

Feb 13, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #72 of 90
I think that if you want to hear at all in ten years, you shouldn't be listening to headphones or listening to extensive amounts of bass period. You seem to only want equipment that will play good at intensely high volume levels, and with dangerous amounts of bass. What's wrong with you? Seriously? ...
confused.gif

Feb 13, 2006 at 4:50 AM Post #74 of 90
I used to have the Audio Technica A500, Sony V-6, and sennhesier HD-212pro. Out of the 3, i enjoyed the A500 for its tonal quality. But if you are looking for bass that sounds like a sub, i recommend getting the hd212pro because they are easier to get, ebay, etc... and will give you overwhelming bass. Basically the bass drowns out the music in those cans, great for rap, but everything else gives me headaches. The V6 are nice as well, but pretty bright in sound. So to cap up everything, if you want natural sounding headphones, the A500 are the way to go, want cans for rock or anything that requires a bright sound, the V6s are the way to go and if you just want that overwhelming bass like a subwoofer and is good for rap, the hd212pros are good and they are about $50-60 to boot, although i got mine for 35 bucks from ebay a year ago, so you might want to try there.

Feb 13, 2006 at 7:10 AM Post #75 of 90
nm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back