Need new Headphones
Feb 26, 2008 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Poison Shroom

New Head-Fier
So, I recently bought a new MP3 Player... To accompany them I bought Creative Labs SB2530, Amazon had them for 70$, so I decided it was a bargain. (This is before I heard about this site, mind you.)

These headphones have great sound... Rather they're the best sounding headphones I've heard. But for some reason they keep disconnected... (If you didn't click the link, the SB2530 are Bluetooth headphones.) Checking through the manual, I couldn't think of any reasons why they're disconnecting... (If you have an idea please help!)

So, I now plan on returning these headphones and ordering something new... I want on-ear headphones or earbuds, I want something with good sound in all ranges as I listen to everything, but rap. I know earbuds can't get good bass, but I heard the V-Mod earbuds had good bass. They don't need to be bluetooth or anything, but I liked the idea.
I also plan on buying a cMoy amp from evilfire.

I don't want to spend more than 150$, and I plan on using them at school, home and when traveling. Oh, and I don't know if it falls under noise canceling or what, but I don't want people to hear what I'm listening too.

Thanks to whomever can help me after the long read.

Feb 26, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #2 of 10
Okay... I found the Grado mod thread...
I thought the Grado SR80 is great.

So... In terms of modding... the two things I would do would be to change the ear pads and head band, where should I look for new ones?
I would imagine good ear pads would help conceal the sound, right?

Feb 26, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #4 of 10
These earpads are often used Earpads SENNHEISER HD414 HD 414 CLASSIC Ear pad Cushion - eBay (item 190201475898 end time Mar-05-08 01:33:22 PST)

Ebay and Todd the Vinyl Junkie are two sources for earpads I know of. Headphone Accessories : TTVJ, Todd The Vinyl Junkie

Ear pads won't block outside noise, or stop leakage to the outside. For that you will probably need closed headphones or IEMs which go into your ear canal and create a seal.
The SR80 are great headphones (good all-rounders too) but they are not closed and block no noise whatsoever.
The only closed headphones I've heard are the Beyerdynamic dt770 and they may or may not be to your liking.

Here are two useful threads that detail many closed headphones, the pdf file one is a particularly good read.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/rev...mpared-250041/
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f13/15...eviews-218733/

I can't offer much more help than that I'm afraid but I hope it helps none-the-less
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ath-ES7 is a great value @ 100$, and it does almost every music quite well. It has fair amount of bass as well as very nice midrange.

What about these?
Hmm... I'm considering a pair of SR80's or something for home, and some earbuds for everywhere else. So, I guess I'm looking for good bass.

How are these earbuds?
I had a pair of Shure e2c, I loved them, but they needed more bass...

Feb 26, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #7 of 10
I had a nicely burned in set of SR-80's and eventually sold them...keeping the ES7.

The ES7's are nice because they are closed without being isolating. That means that the outside world will not heard your music, but you can still hear important things like emergency sirens and the traffic noise that is important.

The involving sound sig of the ES7 is very hard to beat.
ES7's are very pretty too, without looing ridiculous on you.

I would say that if you hav ethe ability, get the ES7 and the PK3.
That would put you with a great combo for portability and SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back