Need new headphones. Help!@#@!@
Oct 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Purithian

New Head-Fier
As the title says I'm looking into buying a new pair of full size, over ear, Headphones. The max price range i have right now is $150 only. From the searching i have done i found a few types of headphones that i like the looks of, and have good reviews. I had some beats studios before, but i just felt like a F*g while wearing them so i sold them. I now have $150 and I'm in need of some new cans :D. I mostly listen to Screamo, Metal, Rock, Hard Rock, Lots of electronic, And some indy. I need headphones that will fit my needs for these so yeah..

Here are the headphones ive found so far in my price range :)

ATHm50
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GC4L7S/ref=s9_simh_gw_p267_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0JHYXAE8Y7VBD0YYMXMT&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

V-Moda Crossfade
http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B003BYRGJU/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1350270710&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=v-moda

Thats kinda all ive found so far... Also id like these headphones to be portable enough where i can walk all over the place and maybe work out in them too.

I really dont like beats or anything.. I looked into some Fanny Wangs, But i have no idea if their worth the 200 if i did have to save up. I really want it too look semi deacent while im walking around in public with them, But i also want the quality. Quality>Looks.

If you have any suggestions please pleasseee Tell me :))

Thank you!!!!

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #2 of 28
Hi Purithian

Have you seen the new Logitech UE 6000s ? I believe they retail for $199, if they are out of your price range, then the little brother UE 4000 retails for $99. Aethestically to me they look amazing.

Cheers
James

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 28
It seems you have a large range of music you like. Are you wanting something that is neutral? or do you want amazing bass, mids, or highs. 

for a neutral phone I would suggest maybe the Brainwavz HM5.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #7 of 28
The m50 is decent but I believe their are other headphones around the price that are far better. I would truthfully go with something like a DT770 (80 ohm). They are full size so they will be pretty big but I find them to be very nice. m50s are not as portable as some think. I think that for working out you cant really wear headphones but thats just me. I walk around in my Mad Dogs all the time now, so I think the dt770s will do just fine. They sound amazing and have a really nice bass but still keep the mids and highs in there for you. They are built very well too. The only thing is that you may need an amp for them. They are also 199 but you can find a good used pair for 110-150 usually. If you are looking for soundstage the 770s are going to blow the m50s out of the water in my opinion. I have heard the 770s for probably 50 hours and own the m50s. I can say I dont ever use my m50s anymore as I have other headphones that  out perform them so they have been given to the girlfriend ^_^. I really wish I had bought the 770s instead as I think I would have used them to this day. Maybe I will buy some still, IDK.

TL;DR dt770s if you can up the budget a bit or buy used. If not the m50 is a solid choice but not the best. If you want other threads just good search " Best headphones 100-150 dollars Head Fi" you will find a few other threads. 

cheers

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:
Yeah my bugdets pretty much set as of now because i need cash for my car. The 150 or less is pretty firm:/ and other suggestions other than my two?

Haven't heard the V-Modas, but the M50s are solid. Seems like you want white, too? You can save a little money going with the black ones if money is tight. 

Now if you'd like some killer bass, check out the Ultrasone HFI-580s. You can get them for $120 through Amazon. Although I think the M50s do a little better for a wide range of genres. 

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #14 of 28
Wow, first off thanks for all the fast replys guys. Ill take a look into all the headphones you all listed. And i wont lowball if i do want to buy them as thats cheap and dirty :p. But yeah i do like the look of the white over black MUCH more. Ill look at DT770's

Edit: I like the specs of the DT770's but i dont know if they would be worth it to walk arround in school with.. They look big haha same with the HM5's. And the Sure SRH840's look pretty good.. May look more into them. Ive had Phillips products before and they've all failed me so i dont know if its worth it for me to try them again :S

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:
Wow, first off thanks for all the fast replys guys. Ill take a look into all the headphones you all listed. And i wont lowball if i do want to buy them as thats cheap and dirty :p. But yeah i do like the look of the white over black MUCH more. Ill look at DT770's

Edit: I like the specs of the DT770's but i dont know if they would be worth it to walk arround in school with.. They look big haha same with the HM5's. And the Sure SRH840's look pretty good.. May look more into them. Ive had Phillips products before and they've all failed me so i dont know if its worth it for me to try them again :S

Yea some people dont like having full size headphones for out and about. try googling pictures of them no people and you will see they dont look to bad... atleast to me. I know one member even wears his LCD2s ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back