Need More Website Design Help hehe
Nov 3, 2002 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
If I want to have the same side menu for multiple pages, can I save it as a .obj and then just link to it from those multiple pages? I did this with .asp at my last job so is it cool to do it with regular html files?

Thanks,

Biggie.

Nov 3, 2002 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 6
Here's what I did for my first website using Dreamweaver. I just created one vertical frame on the far left for navigation, then used the rest of the space as my "main" frame. Both of these frames are .htm files. The "navigation" frame never changes once it's loaded up, it simply contains links which are opened up in the "main" frame.

I dunno if that helped or if you already knew all that. Basically I'm saying just use frames, but maybe you're doing something different.
confused.gif

Good luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2002 at 11:39 PM Post #3 of 6
What I'm talking about is something different. If I use frames, will there be a black line seperating the two files?

Biggie.

edit: server side include is what i'm talking about. i think it will work hehe..

Nov 4, 2002 at 3:13 AM Post #5 of 6
Yeah you don't have to separate frames with a line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back