Need more resolution than K1000 - which headphones to buy?
Feb 6, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #16 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigCW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick. Please, please take my advice. Upgrade your source. Buy a better DAC, a better amp, and it will almost undoubtedly increase your resolution.

Or, alternatively, you could hire a surgeon, and have your insides coated with ERS paper. It would improve the way your body interprets the sound.

I have done everything I can think of to my K1000. I have changed the size of the diaphragm and poked holes in it etc (I was unsuccessful in repairing it with scotch tape so I bought a new pair). I have tried dCS sources ($31 000+), many amps, power conditioners, 5 different headphone cables, hardwired everything, shortened cables (huge improvement), levitated with Magix and mass dampened with books, ERS Paper for everything, RGC-24 Ground Conditioners, humidity tweaks...To get the max resolution I also need to warm them up for 12 hours at the normal listening volume under a towel. Also, the whole audio system needs to be warmed up for 5 weeks (unplug the cable for a second and you need to start over). K1000 are very revealing in the midrange but not good enough, I can't make them any better. I need a surgeon who wants to operate on me.

Feb 6, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #17 of 50
Seriously, I don't think you need a new headphone. What you need is to take more pleasure in your life – then you will be able to enjoy the music again.

Feb 6, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #22 of 50
Back to headphones.

Patrick, Catscratch has it right.

We listened to a lot a the NJ Micro Meet, comparing them to my just-arrived K1000s.

Omega 2s, Orpheus, Baby Orpheus, HD 800s, beyer 880/600 Customs, Grados galore.

For mid-range detail, the O2's are in their own class when amp'd by Blue Hawaii. I assume hi-end amps from Woo, RSA, etc. would be OK too.

Get yourself used O2's and a BH.

Feb 7, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #25 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I drink Omega3 for breakfast. Time to try Omega2!

Freakin' awesome.
popcorn.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keep this thread alive. Keep all of Patrick's threads alive.

Word.
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #26 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotr Ryka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My friend, you need some electron microscope, not headphone.

LMAO! The k1000s made my ears bleed and you want more of that crap? Did you serve on a battery?

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #27 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I drink Omega3 for breakfast. Time to try Omega2!

You got it!

Mar 6, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #29 of 50
Patrick 82,
If you want more detail, give up headphones and only go to live concerts, first row - middle.
Or get a position on stage in the band.

Mar 6, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #30 of 50
Patrick82,
Have you thought that when you punctured the diaphragm of the K1000 you let the details of the music bleed out.......??????????????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back