Need legit headphones. Got $150
Mar 3, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #16 of 23
Here's a tip: Do a lot more general reading of the forums before making a purchase over a hundred bucks, learn the basics of everything about AMPs, sources, sound quality, and etc.

Ironic thing is, I can't tell a difference when I plug my headphones into my home receiver, it sounds exactly the same as from my iPhone 4S, anyone have any ideas? Models are V-Modas LP btw

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #17 of 23

Some headphones need an additional amplifier to handle their power requirements, you'd connect it between your phone and the headphones. Depending on what you get, you may not need this. There are many good options that don't require an amp. Most of the options you're looking at shouldn't require an amp at all. If you need something very compact, there are many of in-ear types; one of the few that I'm familiar with is the Denon AH-C751, which I consider to be fairly good (I would certainly inquire with the IEM fans about better/worse options - the C751s were "popular" a few years ago when I picked them out, and I don't use them critically). 
Quote:
What do you mean by an amplifier?
I just want to listen to to my music with the earphones on
my phone?
How would I use the amP?

This is how it's supposed to work; there isn't supposed to be a difference. Everything is doing what it should be doing. 

Quote:
Ironic thing is, I can't tell a difference when I plug my headphones into my home receiver, it sounds exactly the same as from my iPhone 4S, anyone have any ideas? Models are V-Modas LP btw

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #18 of 23

Quote:
Here's a tip: Do a lot more general reading of the forums before making a purchase over a hundred bucks, learn the basics of everything about AMPs, sources, sound quality, and etc.

I agree, I am fairly new here, I have little experience and I am not afraid to admit it, but I have done a fair amount of research before posting.

So far the only research I saw you have done is that
"I tend to see a lot of beats haters."
If you read around the forums, you would learn that we don't hate Beats just because. They put out mediocre sound, especially for the sound. I have yet to see a true member on head-fi that doesn't dislike Beats.

I reccomend you do some research to atleast know what amplifier is, and how to use one, how to describe sound besides using the word "legit", which headphones excel in your price range.

Check out this thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-225-iems-compared-id-america-spark-ue-super-fi-4-added-02-26-12
You can learn quite a lot from this thread alone.

I can reccomend the Monster Turbine, as I have listened to them before. They sound quite good. They definently have "legit", powerful  bass, that doesn't interfere with the mids, leaving smooth, natural highs.

Another IEM that is considered a very decent bass head option, is the Atrio MG5/7. I never listened to it, so I can't exactly reccomend it, but it is highly respected, despite it's underwhelming build and looks. I would at least take a look at them before going for the Turbines.

Also:
Why would you make multiple threads....? Couldn't be an accident as they were both made 2 hours apart from each other..

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #21 of 23

Quote:
BTW I didn't buy the beats tour, Im just going to hold my money
and do more research too see which ones have good bass and
sound excellent with dubstep

wow you are actually doing research. Im impressed. btw I think it has been mentioned before that you can probably buy an amazon gift card with your BB credit to try out some iems in the general marketplace rather than just BB

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #22 of 23
Well, an amp will can give the apparent feel of cleaning the output sound. Not sure you need that for dubstep though.
Unless to use its coloring or EQ.

Mar 5, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #23 of 23
An amp would plug into your phone and then you would plug your earphones into the amp . . . amps allow you to listen to your music at louder volumes and they (should) improve the sound quality of your earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back