Need Imod Help
Jul 6, 2008 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bozebuttons

Co-organized 1st International HF Meet (NY 2006)
Godfather of Babylon
I sat down to listen to my 5.5g Imod after charging it,went to turn it on I got the service menu.
I tried turning ipod off ,no go ,I hit menu again now my screen is stuck on SDRAM Full Test.
Says please wait...
Run: BL ON
Pass: BL blink
Fail:BL off

rest to continue.

How do I reset it?

I got it to reset but why did that happen? I charged it with the USB port of My Desktop.
Am I better off charging with a Wall Adapter instead.

Jul 6, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 3
Press the middle button and the Menu button at the same time and hold them down together until you see the screen reset.

EDIT: BTW, after re-reading your post, the iPod is saying that your backlight on is fine, turning on or fading the backlight is fine, but your backlight off failed to respond to the test. I think; it's been too long since I ran a Diag test on an iPod. (BTW if anybody wants to do it, you reset the iPod, then as soon as the Apple logo appears, press the middle button and the back button down at the same time and hold it until the Diag menu shows up)

Jul 6, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Press the middle button and the Menu button at the same time and hold them down together until you see the screen reset.

EDIT: BTW, after re-reading your post, the iPod is saying that your backlight on is fine, turning on or fading the backlight is fine, but your backlight off failed to respond to the test. I think; it's been too long since I ran a Diag test on an iPod. (BTW if anybody wants to do it, you reset the iPod, then as soon as the Apple logo appears, press the middle button and the back button down at the same time and hold it until the Diag menu shows up)

Thanks for the reply I will check that out,seems to be working fine since I reset it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back