Need IEM Advice <150
Jan 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RugbyPlayer

100+ Head-Fier
Ok so I went ahead and ordered my player so my Cowon Z2 should be at my place middle of next week. Now I am trying to finalize my hedphone options

My listening needs are very broad. Anywhere from Metallica, Godsmack, All the Remains, To Classical Symphonies and violinsts, to a very Small number of country and pop, to Mariachi, to select rappers.

Each of which really emphasis different frequency ranges.

I will say the most common genre I listen to is rock such as metallica and Godsmack, and even when listening to rap I don't prefer my bass to be overpowering, I like the presence but to me it should not overpower or distort the vocalist

Noise isolation on these is a must as they will be my main travel headphones

Whatever i choose will be pairing with a full headphone which looks like most likely with be the Beyer 1350's

I will also be using a Sansa Clip Zip

Jan 26, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #2 of 3
For the music you listen to the TDK BA200 or the Rockit Sounds R-50 would be 2 really good choices and both are under $150.  They're plenty of reviews on both so you can see which one might be the best for you.

Jan 31, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
For the music you listen to the TDK BA200 or the Rockit Sounds R-50 would be 2 really good choices and both are under $150.  They're plenty of reviews on both so you can see which one might be the best for you.

I know you have always been a huge supporter of the R-50, so why would someone consider the ba200?  Just for the additional bass? Better for EDM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back