Need HT speaker suggestions???
Mar 17, 2006 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BigD

1000+ Head-Fier
I've been looking at home theater speakers for while. Thinking about Magnepan MMGW and MMGC. Anyone with maggies? Or any other suggestions?

I'm planning to get a SVS or HSU subwoofer along with 5 channel satellites. Price need to be below $1200 for 5 speakers. Also they must look room-friendly design. It's easier to sell the idea to my wife. My living room size will be around 14'L X 15'W X 12.5'H. Included will be Panasonic 50" commercial grade plasma display.

Also I thought about Mission m-cube speakers too, but looks too toyish for me. Thanks.

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:58 PM Post #2 of 3
i'd love to know how those maggies sound, i've seen some pretty good reviews of them, but none from actual civilians. i'd also like to know how hard it is to match them with a subwoofer.

you might also check out Ascend, if you're ok with dynamic speakers. they get raves from just about everyone, and the one Ascend set-up i heard sounded fantastic for what my friend paid. they just updated their line-up, and it's supposed to be even better.

p.s. that's a nice size living room you got for a new york pad!
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
i'd love to know how those maggies sound, i've seen some pretty good reviews of them, but none from actual civilians. i'd also like to know how hard it is to match them with a subwoofer.

you might also check out Ascend, if you're ok with dynamic speakers. they get raves from just about everyone, and the one Ascend set-up i heard sounded fantastic for what my friend paid. they just updated their line-up, and it's supposed to be even better.

p.s. that's a nice size living room you got for a new york pad!
biggrin.gif

I'll look into it. I say the dining room is part of it too...
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back