Need helping picking an IEM
Mar 12, 2018 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

guitaramp

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of bass heavy earphone, as I like to listen to EDM / Dupstep and my current ATH-M50xs aren't cutting it in the bass department.

Budget: $200

I've looked at
  • RHA T20
  • 1More triple driver
  • Shure SE-215
  • V-MODA Zn
I am looking for something I can wear for long hours without discomfort or fear of the earphones getting snagged out, which makes the 1More less desirable. Also sound leakage is a big no-no. The RHA comes with filters, and I don't know what really to expect from those but they seem nice. I've looked at hundreds of IEMs and the more I look, the less confident I feel. Hence I've come here to get some help.

Mar 12, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #4 of 10
Not necessarily recommend them over the T20 but I do think they would fit with your sound signature. The bass is really solid and detail is quite good. Nice stage, too, IMO. All just my take and of course YMMV.

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #7 of 10
I'm considering the IE80. After reading many reviews some mention that the bass can get a bit much at times overpowering the mids. I don't want these IEMs to be a one-trick pony, if you own them, how do they perform for rock and pop?

Mar 15, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #9 of 10
I'm considering the IE80. After reading many reviews some mention that the bass can get a bit much at times overpowering the mids. I don't want these IEMs to be a one-trick pony, if you own them, how do they perform for rock and pop?
Don't own but have heard them. Don't find the bass to overpower the mids personally. But you should know, I like bass. It is possible the bass could be a bit much for some people, just not me. They are good for rock, less so for pop IMO. FWIW and YMMV, as always.

Mar 15, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #10 of 10
Hi Guitaramp,

Aside from the IT 01, the Meze 12 Classics have decent bass.

The important thing to remember with all these, especially inears, good tip seal is important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back