Need help
Jul 16, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #16 of 23
  Ever since visiting this website, ive come into a lot of terms that i never knew about before. Like sound stage, imaging. I know about  treble obviously but whats the importance of it in headphones. just wondering? like is more treble good or bad? Whenever i looked for headphones. i just went by the specs. like impedance, frequency and so on. Clarity, some bass, and imaging are my main things to look for in headphones. It gives you that depth like that sense that you're there at the concert or whatever hahaha

OH and the headphones have to hang. Major turnoff with wrap around the ear feature that the shures have

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #17 of 23
  Ever since visiting this website, ive come into a lot of terms that i never knew about before. Like sound stage, imaging. I know about  treble obviously but whats the importance of it in headphones. just wondering? like is more treble good or bad? Whenever i looked for headphones. i just went by the specs. like impedance, frequency and so on. Clarity, some bass, and imaging are my main things to look for in headphones. It gives you that depth like that sense that you're there at the concert or whatever hahaha

If you'd like to increase your audiophile vocabulary, you can visit the glossary page.

Specs are merely a reference point and don't have a whole lot to do with the sound signature of a headphone.

Too little treble will sound dull, while too much will sound sibilant, harsh, piercing, etc. It's all about balance.

Quantity of treble is only one factor. Quality is important too. To get an idea of what refined, high-quality treble is like, look up reviews for the Sony Qualia 010 (only 250 ever made) and STAX SR-009 ($4,450 electrostatic headphone).

The Abyss Headphones AB-1266 is at the top of my own wish list...but it costs $5,495. The thing I hear most often about it, even from people who don't love it, is that it has the best bass available. (And some say best everything else.)

You'll need to research and listen more to find the headphone that delivers your ideal sound at the price you want.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #18 of 23
  I always thought imaging was the placement within the soundstage rather than the separation between the instruments. Figured they went hand in hand but were different things.

Unless I'm mistaken, the placement within the soundstage and the separation between instruments equates to the same phenomenon.  If you know where each instrument is, you also know the distance between them. I've never heard of good imaging with bad separation. But perhaps you could say that separation is an aspect of imaging.

I thought of a potential exception to the rule: when there is a small soundstage and you aren't able to place the instruments very well, but can still clearly distinguish the separation of the instruments and frequency layers. (Bad imaging with good separation!)

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #21 of 23
   Any other suggestions out there for my price range? It must deliver the same sound as the klipsch but with a little more bass

If all you want is that headphone with more bass, you could explore equalization options and save yourself the trouble. Even high-end headphone users use EQ to fine-tune to their preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back