Need help !!
Oct 28, 2008 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

identity

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I wanted to get some advice about headphones on GAMING. Im really big into gaming. I guess you could say semi professional gamer for the pc. I also watch alot of movies and listen to music on the pc, I'm not worried about headsets for my ipod or stereo system at home, just the pc. But once again the main thing is for amazing GAMING quality. I've been using some zalman 5.1 for 2 years now and too me they are amazing. I can pin point the enemy where they are and thats the objective. Now I wanted to try some of these so called " amazing " headphones, but my price range is limited because I dont want to invest in a headset I use just for gaming ( majority ). So Does anyone have any suggestions on what kinda headphones would be good. I've seen so far around my price

sennheieser 555 and 595

But as far as the brands I've seen you talk about on these forums, the 595's are what most gamers use " as far as what you guys talk about on here "

What about the grado's or audio techs or beyers ? or anything else comparable ? I would appreciate the help and look forward too buying some new headphones. If anyone has a pay with feedback I'm will to buy now. This is not a I'm going to wait a few months process. Thanks again.

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 7
those are old old cans-not much info on those.
grados not good for games- small soundstage
audio technica are the best gaming headphone imo - the ath-ad500 and above and the ath-a500 and above

also- sounding just like an audio technica but more bass/less highs are the jvc harx700/900. the 700 costs 35$!

what sound card are you using? what games? (i'm a hardcore fps gamer as well)

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #4 of 7
The best dynamic headphones for gaming are the Beyerdynamic DT880s and AKG K601s.

They offer great soundstage, detail, 3D imaging, and mids. All thing one needs for competitive gaming.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #5 of 7
I have the Razer Barracudas that I use for gaming. Not saying they are amazing or anything but they work well and look pretty cool. Since I don't game that much anymore (not too much time) if you even want them send me PM and we can discuss. Other than that take the advice that you see here. Lots of great, great knowledge.

Oct 28, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #6 of 7
I have the zalman 5.1's with a sound blaster 2 audigy gamer. I dont want another type of gaming headsets because they are junk

steel series
icemats
razer
etc etc etc - if thats the case I'll keep what I have.. I just wanted to try something that was actually meant for being a top headset, that would work good for GAMING and maybe blow my mine in sound quality. If it wont they I wont bother spending the money.

I will be moving to call of duty 5 as we speak the beta is coming out.

Any else have any suggestions ?

pc specs

quad core 6600
9800 gtx 2 o/c'ed
2 gig mushkin ram
Sound blaster Audigy 2 gamer.

Oct 28, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #7 of 7
There is a huge thread on the GAF where everyone is hyping up Sennheiser HD280 Pros.. Of course I then came on here and there is a fair amount of criticism for those phones.

The Audiotechnica stuff seems to be regularly recommended for gaming and other mixed purposes.

I'm leaning towards the A500s or the HD280s at this point, the ES7s look nice, but I like a cup that goes fully around my ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back