Need help with size
Dec 1, 2008 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ccapitanu

New Head-Fier
Hello

After reading through this forum I'm interested in buying some Sennheiser headpones (HD201 or HD515 depending on Christmas bonus). The problem is I have no way of getting any of these on my head before buying them. Do you know how I could find out the size of the earcups on these, I need to be sure they will cover my ears completely. My current headphones are Philips SHP2500, they're crap, but the earcups are huge and very comfortable, they completely swallow my ears without pressing on any part of them
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks a lot

LE: BEYERDYNAMIC DTX 900 are an option aswell

Dec 1, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 5
The HD201 has small-to-mid-sized circumaural earpads. Which mean they will hardly surround the ear. They are very shallow as well, so if they are surrounding, they will rest against the ear.

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #4 of 5
I have the Philips SHP2700 and they are the same size as the SHP2500.They sound about the same too from what I've heard.I also tried the HD515 to replace my Philips and the Sennheiser's had a lot more room for my ears and are a LOT more comfortable.

Only problem is the HD515's don't sound as good as the Philips when used with an amp or with my iPod.I was really surprised.Tried the px100 and got them instead for a lot cheaper and they sounded a lot better to me than the HD515.So I don't think you should expect a great increase in sound quality,but definitely in comfort.

Never tried the HD201 so I can't comment on that one.
Good luck.

Dec 2, 2008 at 10:45 AM Post #5 of 5
That's strange, the Philips sounding better than HD515 which cost 5 times more...I have to order them online so there's no way of testing any of them for myself. My options are:

PANASONIC: Producten/Hoofdtelefoons/Full size/Full size/RP-F600E-S
Amazon.com: beyerdynamic DTX 900 Trendline Headphones: Electronics
Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD 515 Gaming Headset: Electronics
Sennheiser USA - PX100 - Product Details
http://www.thetechlounge.com/article...35+Headphones/

I would like them to be at least as comfortable as my Philips SHP2500(which like i said swallow up my ears) and obviously sound better. How is the bass on the PX100's, they seem too tiny to do well in that department.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back